Sign in to follow this  
Anderson2

Why is A-squared free service running?

I am in Windows 7 64 bit. I occasionally run A Squared Free for spot checks. But I noticed that even when A squared is not running, after a fresh boot, Services shows that "A squared free service" is running and is set to automatic.

I can of course set it to manual or disabled, but why is it running when A S is not running? I can find no configuration option to change this behavior. How can it be changed?

Thanks.

Hi Anderson2, welcome to the forum

If you are going to use Emsisoft Anti-Malware (EAM) as on-demand only you can consider Emergency Kit (EEK) - no installation / no service running

Please read reply #4 or all thread if you want

My regards

Thanks for the quick reply. Seems odd that when you run an app and then shut it down it keeps running its service. It seems from what I read that it cannot be set up to stop the service.

And I assume if I "disable" the service then it would not work at all. Right?

I had not heard of EEK. Where do i get it. Is it the same as EEM but without the running service? Is there a portable EEM as was mentioned in the other thread?

Thanks again.

Having gone to emisoft webpage may I ask: Which is the better free product to use of intermittent scanning, the freeware mode of "Emsisoft Anti-Malware" or the free :Emsisoft Emergency Kit"?

Thanks

...Which is the better free product to use of intermittent scanning, the freeware mode of "Emsisoft Anti-Malware" or the free :Emsisoft Emergency Kit"?
Sorry , Anderson2

I missed this new post (typing at the same time :) )

That is you to decide. Including the fact that you do have "free mode" installed and tested already you can just get EEK; run it straight from Flash Stick and compare

My regards