seamoon

White-list isn't portable [Resolved]

Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner's white-list isn't portable. When I carry the app to another computer I see white-list totally empty. This happened in Portable A2 Free 4 and when I reported it, devs fixed it. Hope they will again fix it soon.

Hi seamoon, welcome to the forum

The white list content is saved in config.ini

WL_inConfig.jpg the scan and white-listing of the items done long ago

{edit} I see what you are saying now:

despite those savings the items are detected during the subsequent scan(s)

My regards

I put Emergency Kit to partition D: then made a scan and excluded some items. Then I restore partition C: with an old image backup. Then made a new scan and see though exclusions are still in the ini file the new scan finds them again. Also now my whitelist is empty via app. Seems Emergency Kit can't read them?

Analysis=||

SaveSettings=D:\Program Files\Emsisoft Emergency Kit\Run\Scansets\

AccountDlg=|ID_DONTASK|

TROJAN-DROPPER.AGENT!IK=|3|1|

TROJAN-BANKER.WIN32.BANKER!IK=|3|1|

VIRUS.WIN32.TROJAN!IK=|3|1|

TROJAN.WIN32.DROPPER!A2=|3|1|

=|0|7|

seamoon,

I am sure the developers will address the issue.

The only difference is - I cannot get the situation when the White-List is empty

It always shows the content correctly before the subsequent scan, but the scan will list the detections again

My regards

I know I am late on this topic but here is my 2 cents worth. I have not moved the program at all. All of my whitelisted items are showing in the config.ini file, but when I open EEK and start a new scan, the whitelist is empty and the whitelisted files are detected. Makes me wonder what else EEK is not reading from the config.ini file.

Hi Guys,

RMB, thanks for confirmation … and making me think a bit :)

How that is possible that two users reporting having empty whitelist , but as you can see from my reply I do have the entries???

So – I modified the config.ini

ModifiedConfigINI.jpg by prefixing entries with “X_” (highlighted)

After starting EEK I got the same old White List as in my 1st image ...hmmm....

That was another confirmation that EEK does not read back the content of config.ini at least in this respect

And then I realized that the same entries are in my WhiteList of the EAM installed.

- I fired up the “real” EAM;

- removed those whitelisted entries;

- and fired up EEK;

- here we go! The list was indeed empty.

Sure, I repeated witlisting by EAM with the subsequent EEK startup and those entries were back

Current conclusions:

1) EEK does not read whitelisted items from config.ini;

2) EEK will still read the Registry on those computers where EAM is installed... and that is absolutely not what should happen

As it was pointed above developers will address the issue having the above scenario as well

My regards

Folks,

I know Brendan said a fix was coming soon, but I have not seen it yet. I got an update to the t3.dll v1.1.88.0 yesterday, but I still do not have a viable whitelist. I tried moving my config.ini file and having EEK start from scratch, but same problem. Did I miss something?

Folks,

I know Brendan said a fix was coming soon, but I have not seen it yet. I got an update to the t3.dll v1.1.88.0 yesterday, but I still do not have a viable whitelist. I tried moving my config.ini file and having EEK start from scratch, but same problem. Did I miss something?

Apparently, the update hasn't been released yet. My whitelist is still empty even after new scans and adding the same items I want whitelisted.

RMB and Lenny,

you are not missing anything.

Even if the fix is ready it was not delivered yet.

Regarding WhiteListing the items EEK is working as initially reported

and as it was tested according my reply #7

We have to be patient :)

Please keep an eye on Changelog

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

It seems like the latest update - EEK 1.0.0.12 (no betas) fixed the problem

Please test it

Cheers!

Works fine for me. Thank all for the fix. Sorry if I seemed in a hurry. In my version of English, "shortly" means in the next couple of hours, not next week.

Thanks for confirmation, Guys.

Lenny, there is nothing special in my post... just decided to check an update before unplugging my iPod, and since the update brought some modules that required the restart of EEK, I decided to test the thing

RMB, re: “shortly” & being in a hurry

my English is not perfect therefore I will try to translate the Russian proverb as close as possible:

“Being in a hurry is necessary only when trying to catch fleas” :lol: Cheers !

Thanks for the replying & letting us know, seamoon

Since you are the initial poster here and other participants reported the success as well

we may eventually mark this case as [Resolved]

Cheers!