sami62

emsisoft internet security will not update

Is it just automatic updates that are failing, or are manual updates failing as well? If you right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock) you can select Update now from the list.

• Upvote 1

Is it just automatic updates that are failing, or are manual updates failing as well? If you right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock) you can select Update now from the list.

Both of them.

it cannot update anyway, not automatic, not manual and it stays on initializing...

in short it says I had same problem after a Friday morning program update and restart the laptop after that.

I didn't notice that Friday that there were no updates anymore, I noticed it first on Monday where program stayed orange and last update of Friday morning

no automatic update and also no update by hand.

even with firewall stopped still the same

I removed EIS, also with some problems. used the Emsisoft cleaner.exe

after removal restarted the laptop, installed the fresh downloaded EIS again and after that automatic update functioned again

pç/laptop here who updated the latest EIS on Saturday and Monday were not infected

hope it helps you

• Upvote 1

Both of them.

it cannot update anyway, not automatic, not manual and it stays on initializing...

OK, that was more than likely caused by a file not having been replaced properly when the latest version of Emsisoft Internet Security was installed. A reinstall should fix it. Here's what to do:

• Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.
You can use this alternate download link if needed.