Solarlynx

How to make EIS silently block everything not allowed?

Hello!

I've made separate Guest account for some people having access to my PC. I'd like to configure it so that a guest cannot change any configuration in EIS and cannot allow any program to start or make outbound Internet connection if I didn't make this permission myself.

In "Advanced FW settings" I chose "Ask" for all options. Then I covered EIS with a password but anyway in the Guest account EIS asks if a program can go into the Internet and accepts decision of a user without asking a password. 

How can I implement a feature to silently block everything trying to run or go into the Internet if it wasn't whitelisted before?

Thank you.

There are currently no features to prevent a Behavior Blocker alert from being displayed and the selection on the alert from being respected. Even taking away all permissions for an account does not prevent the alerts from functioning normally in that account.

There's an article at this link that may help in accomplishing some of what you are looking to do with Windows Group Policies. It also mentioned some third-party software, however I am not familiar with any of it.

You may also want to look into sandbox software such as Sandboxie or Shadow Defender. They protect against changes being made to the computer, at least for programs running in their sandboxes. It's not quite what you're looking for, but it may help keep the computer protected even if someone is being careless.

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much for your  informative answer.

It's a bit humorous situation. Actually I'm well aware of almost all the above mentioned methods and programs. Thank you for link to registry tweak I didn't know about them. I even can add to your list some programs like  VoodooShield or NVT ERP, RollBack Rx or ToolWiz Time Freeze, Paragon (or Macrium) etc.

The thing is that I want to create setup as minimalistic as it possible. Just having EIS properly tweaked.

And the developer pushes me back to using me EIS in combos progs again. smile.png

OK, no problem. Really thank you very much for your help.

I'm happy with what I have in EIS now. thumbs.gif Though I'll be twice happier if that feature in BB and FW to prevent alerts and disallow everything not allowed by the user in EIS/EAM will appear. ph34r.png

Thank you.

The thing is that I want to create setup as minimalistic as it possible. Just having EIS properly tweaked.

That's understandable. Unfortunately EIS wasn't intended to fill the roles that those programs fill. Online Armor probably could have done it, but Online Armor was too complicated for most of our customers, so we designed something easier for them to use. Sadly easier also means less of the advanced features that Online Armor was popular for.

Edited by GT500
Fixed typo.
  • Upvote 1