I just got shorted 30 days on my license

I received notification today that my license expires in 30 days. That would make it August 15, 2016. I had already purchased a renewal license through a promotional deal through Cloudeight. I was told to wait to enter new license number until Emsisoft advised me of renewal date. 

So, tonight I entered my renewal license key. I looked at see that I have 364 days to go. I should have had 394 days.. By entering my key tonight, I got cheated out of 30 days, and I want it back. I will know in the future about this little glitch and from now on I won't be entering my new key until the day the license expires. But for this time around I want my 30 days and would like to know how I can get it. 

If this is the way they've always done things then I've been cheated out of lots of time because I have always purchased my license ahead and then entered it, figuring my 365 day renewal would just be added to whatever I had left. Emsisoft should really let people know about this because it is not fair.

Dear Nikilet,

Thank you for contacting our support.

Please excuse the circumstances. Please just let me know your new and old license key by sending me a private message (PM) here in the forum and I'll be glad to add the remaining time from your older key to your newer license for you.

To send me a private message you can place your mouse cursor over my name displayed above my profile picture to the left of this message. A small window will appear and you can click "Send message".

Please note that if you renew directly over our website then we are able to extend your existing license key automatically for the purchased amount of license time and no day would be lost. Otherwise if you purchase a "renewal" from one of our resellers then we are not able to automatically extend the existing key as we don't have access to any information about your order from one of our partners - instead you'll receive a new license key from our partner to replace the old one.

In the later case our software cannot know if you would want to switch keys or merge keys. The license time from the old key will still stay available (for example to be used on a different system) and the new license key will be used to unlock the full version on the current system. This is the reasons why you should wait until the older license key expired completely before using the newer key to unlock protection for a full year again. Of course you can always contact us in such cases and we are happy to perform the changes manually for you.

In the meanwhile, if I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dear Nikilet,

Thank you for your kind feedback, you are very welcome! :)

@Ken1943:

Basically for new requests new threats should be created, so we shouldn't mess up this one.

I'll be glad to assist you dealing with this and have just sent you a private message (PM) here in our forum.

• 5 weeks later...

Here we go again. On my desktop, my Emsisoft Anti-Malware expires tomorrow, 8-23-16. I had already purchased the renewal so tonight I entered my new key to activate my renewal. Why doesn't it activate for the new term from 8-23-16 to 8-23-17? 

It doesn't even expire until tomorrow but right now it's showing only 364 days, not 365 days. I'm not trying to be difficult, but please, I want my day back. I want to start out with 365 days as of tomorrow, 8-23-16, the expiration date of my present program. 

Thank you

You're buying the new license keys from Cloudeight instead of renewing through our website? When you purchase from a reseller, they always give you a new key, which means when you enter it you are switching to a new license key instead of adding time to your current one. If you want to avoid that, then when you purchase a new license key you can contact us via e-mail or private message and ask us to merge it into your existing license key (be sure to provide both license keys to use so that we know which license key to merge the new one into), and we can take care of it for you so that you don't have to worry about losing license time. ;)