szipet

EIS blocks ip 213.186.33.17 after upgrade to windows 10.

hi,

i've upgraded my pc from windows 8.1 to 10 and now EIS blocks Screenpresso software to connect to ip 213.186.33.17.

is that a false positive?

i don't remember anything with windows 8.1.

thx!

No, it's not a false positive. I also checked to see if some of the malware that has been found on that server was still present, and I did find some.

I assume the server is used by a shared hosting service, since there appear to be a number of different domains that resolve to it and since hpHosts says the IP is registered to a shared hosting company, so chances are the malware has nothing to do with Screenpresso and they are just unlucky enough to have their website or other services hosted on a server that other people are abusing to spread infections.

That depends on what it's doing when it connects to that server. It may simply be checking for updates. You may want to contact their support and inquire why it needs to connect to that server before deciding whether or not it should be blocked, however if there don't appear to be any negative effects then it might be OK to allow it to be blocked.