donald duck

docs encrypted

HI

All my docs were recently encrypted by ransomeware, I believe this is nemucod. All docs were encrypted as eg hire.doc.crypted, The ransomeware note was called DECRYPT.text.

I have archived all the files and have them saved on the desktop of this laptop. The virus has been removed from the laptop I usually use, and a copy of the archived encrypted files are on my external hard drive.

I would like to be able to decrypt the files that I have archived......help

I have completed the scans you recommended and have attached the associated reports.

Addition.txtEEK report.txtFRST.txt

I also tried the nemucod decryptor. This would not open and kept giving the message 'no key found' when files were dragged to the nemucod_decryptor.exe icon

Have tried to  attach an encrypted and an original file to this email......but am not permitted to do so.  

Cheers

Hello,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If the decrypter didn't work, unfortunately there is nothing we can do to decrypt your files.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thread Closed

Reason: Lack of Response

PM either Kevin, Elise, or Arthur to have this thread reopened.

All posters requesting Malware Removal assistance are required to follow all procedures in the thread titled START HERE if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread.