Jerry822

Win32.WSearch (A) Infection

Hello,

Can you please tell me if you have any problem left after removing the found items? I see no signs of infection remnants in your logs.

Once I delete it with Emsisoft it will then show up again a couple of days later. But I'm not having any other problems other than seeing this show up when running a scan with Emsisoft. When I ran the Emsisoft Emergency Kit it showed up with the Malware scan. But I did nothing other than followed the procedures for capturing the logs that you wanted. I have also cleaned the registry with Aces Registry cleaner at other times when this has happened in the past to no avail.

If this is the only object, nothing to worry about, its only a searchscope key, which means you could select its associated search engine (it'll appear in the list). If nothing else is found and your browser searches are not changed to another search provider, this is perfectly harmless.

When using Internet Explorer I do get a window at the bottom of IE that does ask if I want to change my search engine and I say No and it will keep coming up until I go to another web page sometimes. Maybe this Malware is what is causing this window at the bottom of IE at times. Can you suggest a cleaner that might clean out this Malware. I try to keep my computer as clean as I possible can.  

Thanks for the help.

Just to make sure everything is gone, let's run AdwCleaner. 

Download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.

• Close all open programs and Internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
  • Confirm each time with OK.
  • You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open in Notepad after the restart (this is the log of what was removed), which you can save on your desktop.
  • Attach that log file to your reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
    NOTE: If you lose that log file for any reason, you can find it at C:\AdwCleaner on your computer.

It looks like that was only a folder though. Please be sure to restart your computer, then use your browser for a bit. Let me know if you still have the problem with the search provider pop up.

You're most welcome! :)

You can delete the tools we used as well as the created logs.

I strongly recommend you to keep all your software (both Windows and third-party) up to date.

As this topic has been resolved, I will lock it now. If you need it reopened, please send me a Personal Message.