Uninstalled Emsisoft BUT cant reinstall

Wagner

Hello,

please download our cleaning utility from: https://dl.emsisoft.com/Emsiclean.zip

Next run the emsiclean.exe.

Now please read and confirm the Disclaimer. Enable all entries in the list and press Remove selected objects. Press Yes to remove the old program folder. If the objects was removed please restart the computer.

Now you should be able to reinstall our software.

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.

Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

• 2 months later...

Christian,

I have a client on a windows 7 64 bit pro machine that Emsisoft  Anti-Malware has stopped running/loading on as well-

I  like the above user used add and remove programs to in install , then rebooted and tried to install , continue to get the , Emsisoft is already installed warning ,

should I run the emsiclean  tool like above or can I delete some registry entries to allow me to install the product again.. the Emsisoft folder is not present in the program directory and the only references to Emsisoft I see are a few in the registry..

also I know that this client also uses MS essentials and weekly runs the Microsoft MRT tool. and I suspect possibly one of these has broken Emsisoft , recently with one of there updated definition files, as they had all been working together for the last couple months, as far as I am aware from info I  got from client Emsisoft apparently stopped early or mod last week, they run the other two on Fridays when they leave office, which is why I suspect one of the other MS tools has broken Emsisoft.. I am going to try and password Emsisoft when I get it re installed in hopes that if they continue to use the MS tools as well it wont in-install or break Emsisoft again, along with trying to add Emsisoft to a white list, in Essentials

Thanks,

Rick