M.Sadegh.M

CLOSED Feedback for V12 Beta

Hi,

Windows 10 home, EIS

If you look picture, you find the issue. I think I've been experiencing this issue before.

Question: when we restore a file from quarantine this file automatically add to Exclusion. is it correct?

thank you.

post-40175-0-43868900-1473937816_thumb.png
Download Image

Hi M.Sadegh.M

Such empty Alert details can occur occasionally and are caused by reasons we have no influence on.

Question: when we restore a file from quarantine this file automatically add to Exclusion. is it correct?

When your restore a file from Quarantine, you will see a dialog that asks if you want to add the file to the Exclusions.

So restored files are not automatically added to the Exclusions.

Hi

when we click on support in overview windows we see "customer support" and when click on follow us we see this page again.

i think for support it ok but follow us no. what's the link between follow us and customer support page?

in customer page nothing about your social networks.

post-40175-0-01257400-1474090973_thumb.png
Download Image

post-40175-0-34676000-1474090978_thumb.png
Download Image

Hi,

when we click on support in overview windows we see "customer support" and when click on follow us we see this page again.

i think for support it ok but follow us no. what's the link between follow us and customer support page?

in customer page nothing about your social networks.

Confirmed, this is a gui glitch. 'Follow Us' shouldn't be  a link

Thanks

Hi

Issue:

1- I extracted a pack with 6 item that EIS found 5 of them. I clicked on "allow once" for 5  of them and then add them manually to quarantine and then "re-scan all". EIS found 5 of them and then term user in detection column disappeared for the sample that was clean. (Pic 2 and 3).

2- I submitted one of sample for you and after submission column "Submitted" column was empty as same. (pic 1)

3- a question: what's the difference between "Balanced" and "Thorough"? you Can understand better my question in video that I recorded.

In "Thorough" mode I'm opening folder that have 5 malware sample but no alarm appear, just like "Balanced".

Thorough mode Description said EIS scan every thing when they read but as I said no reaction happened when I opened folder with malware sample. reaction to malware samples for both mode were similar. notification appeared when I tried to rename samples.

And in the end of video when I click in "scan with emsisoft internet security" in context menu you see EIS freeze for 3 or maybe 4 sec to start scan.

Video

Suggestion:

Notification in pic 4 when EIS found 5 malware was very bad, I think you should work on it.

And at the end of during these test I Faced with a error window that I sent it for you.

post-40175-0-25891200-1474118025_thumb.png
Download Image

post-40175-0-22225000-1474118038_thumb.png
Download Image

post-40175-0-52491200-1474118491_thumb.png
Download Image

post-40175-0-36549100-1474118506_thumb.png
Download Image

Hi M.Sadegh.M

Thanks for your feedback.

2- I submitted one of sample for you and after submission column "Submitted" column was empty as same. (pic 1)

I cannot confirm this. Files that where moved to Quarantine cannot be submitted as False Positive anyways.

3- a question: what's the difference between "Balanced" and "Thorough"? you Can understand better my question in video that I recorded.

Could you please retest this without the step where you unzip the 6 samples and allowing them once ?

Notification in pic 4 when EIS found 5 malware was very bad, I think you should work on it.

We are still working on Notifications and I can assure you that the next beta will include improvements here :)

Thanks

Notei que o novo Emsisoft esta totalmente em português (BR) e isso foi realmente um bom avanço, notei também que existem algumas novas regras no firewall, quais foram as mudanças relacionadas ao firewall ?

Hi Alysson, this international beta forum is in English language only and please open a new thread for every question or feedback.

Thanks

I only installed V12 BETA a day ago, but I am impressed with the changes. Most were "under the hood", but the visible ones are good. I like the gaming mode as I use both a train simulator and a flight simulator, both in full screen. The previous version would interrupt the flow of the game when it activated a scan or update. I also like the changed appearance of the notification pop-ups from the side rather than the notification area. I get a lot of notifications from various applications, so having this come out halfway up is better.

Bill

Hi

annoying issue

today I was working with MS word and during that i was typing update notification Pop-up appeared and after that I couldn't type anymore because when EIS's notification window appeared it swap with MS word as main window and forced me to click on MS word window again.

Remind: any answer for this problem

And in the end of video when I click in "scan with emsisoft internet security" in context menu you see EIS freeze for 3 or maybe 4 sec to start scan.

Hi ,

It is advised to open a new thread for every issue/question you have.

Annoying issue: confirmed

This is not a freeze, but EIS performs initializations to prepare a scan (even may load signatures), this might take some seconds. please note that when you perform a 2nd context scan, the GUI won't 'freeze'.

Thanks 

annoying issue

today I was working with MS word and during that i was typing update notification Pop-up appeared and after that I couldn't type anymore because when EIS's notification window appeared it swap with MS word as main window and forced me to click on MS word window again.

This has been fixed in current beta build 6723

This is not a freeze, but EIS performs initializations to prepare a scan (even may load signatures), this might take some seconds. please note that when you perform a 2nd context scan, the GUI won't 'freeze'.

Thanks 

Hello again

I'm sorry for poor English and delay to answer. :(

you're right, but this is annoying user, lag or anything you said.

I think you should fix this.

this problem reminded me the problem that was: delay to start main window when user is clicking on tray icon as you fixed with this update. (New: Single left mouse click on tray icon opens Emsisoft Security Center.)

thank you

hi Sadegh,

you can change this yourself by disabling: Settings / General : Activate memory usage optimization

EAM/EIS then will always keeps all signatures in memory and doesn't swap them to disk to free memory, which speeds up scan initializations.

Thanks