pieronip

Time out error. Communication service was not started for computer 'xxxxxx'

New installation of EEC 11.11.

I have gone through all the setup using Domain Group Policy settings and forced a Group Policy update.

Machines have Emsisoft Anti-Malware already manually installed but show 'Not Protected', 'Not Managed' in console.

When I click [solve], deploy fails with the error message:-

'Time out error. Communication service was not started for computer 'xxxxx'.

Examining the log shows that 'WaitEAMConnected' ends after a six-minute timeout.

Can you suggest any action I can take?

Thanks.

Hello pieronip,

I suggest you to read the EEC manual initially ;) Under F1 in EEC, or here)

You cannot just connect an already installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware to EEC.

You will have to create an (light) install package on EEC for a client, and run that package on the client so that the connection can be made.

or you will have to remove EAM and perform a deploy from EEC.

Please note that you will have to run a bachfile, which you can find in the EEC program folder, on every client to be able to perform a successful deploy. 

This batchfile makes required settings on the client for WMI, UAC and firewall

Thanks

Thank you Frank

It did not seem to me that the statement in the manual was correct as a number of machines in this installation connected to EEC spontaneously without need of package installation. I carried out a Connect package install on the problem machine and the error message is now:-

Send Emsisoft Anti-Malware info request command error

I'm curious as to why some machine work and, of course , how to resolve this latest error.

Thanks.

Any suggestions on this continuing problem?

In an install with 22 computers having had EAM manually installed, I have found that eight of them worked without package installation, 12 worked after Light Package installation and two of th em give the error message given in the last post.  I would imagine that a re-install of EAM from package will fix this, but it would be nice to understand what is happening before taking this step.

Thanks.

I'd like to know how to successfully repair communications as well, since almost all of my deployments are deployed right from the console, all show green and connected when done, scans pushed, udpates done.  Then a day or two later every single system shows never installed or disconnected...  Doing the connect package fails invariably.

In the absence of any suggestions I have simply given up on this one for the moment.  The product would have saved me a bit of work but it does not yet work well enough for serious deployment.

Hi Pieromip,

excuse me for the delayed reply

It did not seem to me that the statement in the manual was correct as a number of machines in this installation connected to EEC spontaneously without need of package installation

Sorry to say but this is impossible. If you install EAM it simply is unable to connect to EEC while it misses SSL certificates.

If you install EAM manually, you can run a light package on those machines. that package will setup the connection with EEC and it doesn't install EAM.

If you run a full package, which is only possible on a machine that has no EAM installed,  it will install EAM and setup the connection with EEC.

I would imagine that a re-install of EAM from package will fix this, but it would be nice to understand what is happening before taking this step.

correct, but you first will have to uninstall EAM on the client, before you can run a full install package.

Thanks

Hi JDThird,

if you experience such disconnect issues please:

- open a support ticket.

- Start debuglogging in EEC: Settings / Options, scroll down and tick 'Enable debug logs'

- Wait 30 mins, disable debuglogging, zip and send us the files in C:\ProgramData\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\db

Thanks

Hi JDThird,

i had the same problems if you have W10 installed ?

The MS W10 AU Update 1607 was the problem, its a reinstallation upadte from MS and make problems with the Communication Service and same other programs.

Only deinstallation and new deploy of EAM worked for me, after that it´s all very good.

reagards

Zwergenmeister

Excuse me for the delayed reply.

Some forum users also opened a support ticket under another name, so your question/issue might have been resolved already.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks

Hi Frank

I have similar problem

HostJob[28] on 'WORKGROUP\xDSERVER' failed due to error: HostJob[28] failed with the following message: HostJob[28]: Time out error. Communication service was not started for computer 'xDSERVER' 

My EEC is in domain, but this file server is in workgroup.

this file server has no EAM installed before, it is currently been installed via EEC, 

I tried the batch file to discon from EEC and re-deploy again.. 

It stuck at WaitAntimalwareConnected for few mins and:

HostJob[30] failed with the following message: HostJob[30]: Time out error. Communication service was not started for computer 'xDSERVER'  (System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[A2Enterprise.Entities.Errors.ServerError])

22-5-2017 3-32-02 PM.jpg
Download Image

Hi Joe,

What OS do you have on the client machine (the file server from workgroup)? And also, which EEC\EAM version are you trying to deploy?

Best regards,

Dana

Alright, thank you for the info. When attempting to deploy EAM on this particular host, are you using an Emsisoft Anti-Malware or an Emsisoft Anti-Malware for Server key? If you use a server key on a non-server client host and reverse, the deployment process won't complete due to the license that is considered invalid.

If you go to the client host and open EAM, what is the first screen that you see? If you're still in the installation wizard, then you are in the situation described above. Once you fill in the right Anti-Malware for Server license key and complete the wizard, EAM should get connected to EEC.

Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,

Dana

Hi

When im deploying this client which is server 2008 OS, I'm using TRIAL and the other cdkey given (I'm on trial to evaluate whether to buy and replace ESET or no).

I'm not sure what cdkey are those

Here attached first screen i saw

EAM not connected to EEC, that is what i been trying to do.

STATUS at EEC - Not Managed

17 minutes ago, dmitrea said:

Alright, thank you for the info. When attempting to deploy EAM on this particular host, are you using an Emsisoft Anti-Malware or an Emsisoft Anti-Malware for Server key? If you use a server key on a non-server client host and reverse, the deployment process won't complete due to the license that is considered invalid.

If you go to the client host and open EAM, what is the first screen that you see? If you're still in the installation wizard, then you are in the situation described above. Once you fill in the right Anti-Malware for Server license key and complete the wizard, EAM should get connected to EEC.

Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,

Dana

ensi.jpg
Download Image

Ok, so it seems that EAM is installed correctly in this case. Can you try to create a light package from EEC (User guide - paragraph 5.5 - Connecting client to server by applying a light installation package), copy it on the client host and run Connect.bat script with admin privileges?

And what happens if you either change the name of the file in explorer to match the filename the batch file is looking for, or change the batch file to look for the file you have that has "PDSERVER" rather than "DN2B6B2S" in the file name?

13 hours ago, JDThird said:

And what happens if you either change the name of the file in explorer to match the filename the batch file is looking for, or change the batch file to look for the file you have that has "PDSERVER" rather than "DN2B6B2S" in the file name?

In this case, EAM will not get connected to EEC. Simply renaming the *.dat file is not enough, client-server connection is based on an exchange of certificates and authorization tokens. In order to be able to connect EAM client to EEC, you need the *.dat file that was created for that specific client.

@JoeP,

From your screenshot, it looks that the EAM client you're attempting to add to EEC is already connected to another console instance. If you want to connect the client to a new console, you'd need to do the following:

1. Disconnect EAM from the previous console, either from EEC UI (if the client is listed as connected), or by running Disconnect_EAM_from_EEC.bat script (on the client host)

2. In EEC, create a light package for the client (before that, make sure that when you've added the WORKGROUP client to the EEC console sitting in a domain, the domain flag was NOT checked for the WORKGROUP computer)

3. Copy the package on the client host and execute the batch file with admin privileges.

Let me know if that works. If not, we can eventually schedule a Team Viewer meeting and see what's happening on your environment.

Cheers,

Dana