redactor

CLOSED Unrequested update of EIS from v. 11 xxx to v.12.0.0.6723

Greetings --

Any explanation how/why on my dual boot Win10 PC (x86 + x64), yesterday afternoon my x86 EIS automatically updated from v. 11.10.0.6563 to v. 12.0.0.6723? Then subsequently on the x64 side EIS continued to update definitions only (after the firewall component update earlier in the day). unsure.png Both are set to allow beta updates.

Also, completely unrelated, every attempt to view attachments to posts (in the beta forum only) produce an error message: "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" What's the problem here? huh.png

Hi, that must have been beta and we've corrected the v11 beta x86 feed.

Your EIS will however stay on v12.

if you do not want that you can uninstall v12 and reinstall EIS v11.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

what update feed did you have set in V11 ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, that must have been beta and we've corrected the v11 beta x86 feed.

Your EIS will however stay on v12.

if you do not want that you can uninstall v12 and reinstall EIS v11.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks for the clarification. It was on the regular beta update feed.

Not really an inconvenience. I was considering installing v12 on one of the OS installations. This way the decision was made for me.

Any help on the second issue: Any attempt to view attachments to posts in the beta forum produce an error message: "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

Any help on the second issue: Any attempt to view attachments to posts in the beta forum produce an error message: "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

People upload a lot of logs that may or may not contain private information. Therefore only employees are allowed to download attachments uploaded to the beta forum, similarly to the way the malware removal and submission sections are set up.