Sign in to follow this  
XIII

CLOSED EIS 12.0.0.6762: Custom scan taking 100% CPU

I was unable to do anything on my PC (an -older- Intel 3 GHz Core 2 Duo) while performing a custom scan which took 100% of the CPU resources.

Can you please restore the old behavior where I can still use my PC while scanning in the background?

Hi,

We are aware of this problem and we are trying to fix this.

Would be good if you can enable debug logs and Scan debug logs. First one can be enabled via support section => "Enable advance debug logging". Second type of log can be enabled by using a file i sent you via PM. Please extract the content of the zip and execute the file inside. A key in the registry will be created. After that please restart your computer and try to reproduce the problem again.

After that please send us logs in: C:\ProgramData\Emsisoft\Logs & a log called "ScanEngineDebug.log" that sits in your Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security folder. These logs would be really usefull to us.

Thank you!

Orlando

Do I need to complete the scan, or can I cancel it after a couple of minutes, to generate the logs you need?

Since there is no tracker I sent the files via PM to Orlando.

Hope it helps, but I read somewhere you guys already had an idea what might be causing this. Looking forward to a new build to try that!

Hi,

We have fixed it implementing a new feature in the last beta. If you could check this would be great. Scans will take always full CPU until a new program is started / launched / used. In this way the scan will be at maximum speed, but will leave the user more power if he wants to do other things in the meanwhile. So while scanning you will see that our services will take more CPU, but the % will be lower as soon as you will start a new program.

Thank you,
Orlando