Sign in to follow this  
Dobby

error after restarting the module Anti-malware 5.0

Hello,

I'm using Emsisoft Anti-Malware Version 5.0 already transformed itself into "free" modus.

After update's the module wants to be restarted but it gives an error pop-up window?

It's on 2 desktops with Win XP Professional, I have a cable connetion.(no proxy's settings)

Did'nt see any error report or I've missed it, only the pop-up who noticed me that there was something wrong.

Do I have to reinstall the whole Anti-Malware version 5.0 or are there other solutions to fix the 'problem'

Tnx in advance ,

Pete

Can you please take a look into the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder and look for a bugreport.txt? If it exists please send it to [email protected] Otherwise there was a faulty engine update released recently that could have caused the crash. Please make sure the engine.dll has version 5.0.0.37. If it hasn't run the update again to get it.

Hi Pete,

I'm running EAM Free edition on XP without any problems

1) provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

2) post a precise message and/or the image of the Error message

3) have you tried to download the latest Setup & clean reinstall, choosing Free mode?

My regards

in addition to the above:

We were posting at the same time , so I did not see Fabian's reply re:

... Please make sure the engine.dll has version 5.0.0.37. If it hasn't run the update again to get it...
That is the latest one delivered, which fixed several issues

My regards