stapp

CLOSED Beta build number on GUI

EAM  win 7   6799

After autoupdate to this new build the main GUI did not show the beta build number as the other builds had done.

I had to click on the x in the details/licence area under the Scan panel to get it to show.

Is this by design now? I hope not !!!

Orlando I am sorry to have to tell you that I have just done a clean install of  EAM 6821 on Win 7.

As you can see from the screenshot attached the build number is not there :(

Perhaps it can only be seen from an autoupdated already installed build and not a fresh clean install.

post-2815-0-25583200-1476804183_thumb.png
Download Image

• Upvote 1

Oh that is good! At a fresh install, infact, it is displayed "Renew now!". When you click on the X at its right, that label will change in version number. After you click on the X the version number should be visible always, even if you update in a new version (there was a bug there).

All is fine.

Thanks,

Orlando

So when new users are asked ''what build number are you using,'  they will say ''How do I find that?''

I thought we had decided to make it easier.

I mean they will never guess to do that with the X will they,?   Nor will they think to click on the Emsisoft logo now that the ''About'' link has gone.

• Upvote 1

I personally thought you removed the version number and was searching to find it in settings for more time that i am proud to say. I also didn't figure out i could click the logo to get info so maybe put another sign next to ? to send you to about page. I didn't even notice i could dismiss the renew thing and assumed it was part of gui now which replaced version number.

I also agree with stapp that this is a bad idea. 

Hi Guys,

So when new users are asked ''what build number are you using,'  they will say ''How do I find that?''

I mean they will never guess to do that with the X will they,?   Nor will they think to click on the Emsisoft logo now that the ''About'' link has gone.

Thanks for pointing this out, I made a note for our support, we will give in advance these info to the user when asking.

This process is one of the many GUI improvement, this makes the GUI more clean and leave space to our social badges too. We did not remove anything, but we just re-organized them. You could be unfamiliar now with this new layout, just because it is new. New user will not notice the difference and old users will learn easily what it is changed. You have already learned this during the beta, that is really nice.

We will keep, of course, your feedback for any future development on this,

Orlando

. You have already learned this during the beta, that is really nice.

Orlando do not think that I have just learnt about the Emsisoft GUI and the X.

I have known about it for a long, long time.

I am ''fighting'' for the little guy here... the new Emsi user.

Let's get real here.

Finding the build number should not be a puzzle, it should be there in your face.

Hidden behind the X and the Emsi logo is not the place for it.

• Upvote 1

Hi Stapp,

We are collecting these feedbacks, thank you.

We will keep an eye on this, I would consider this case closed,

Orlando