A major problem

XonE32

Oh great i hit post as opposed to preview, d'oh!

Well I hate to clutter the forum with yet another thread on this. It's mainly an irritant, but it's an irritant that's been occurring at all Module (read EAM .exe) updates since June. It seems that a reboot is required to fix the problem and that's the only irritating issue. I'm just curious as to why this hasn't been addressed or seemingly hasn't been addressed. I can only assume there's an issue with my system environment or the program as to why this message always pops up when there's an EAM .EXE update.

Should I even bother to try and figure this out here or should I be calling customer support?

Has anyone ever figured out the possible reason WHY the application can't "connect to the service application"?

Cheers all

XonE32 :rolleyes:

th_No-Restart.jpg

I get this error quite a lot on a few of my computers. I notice that it mostly occurs on the computers that have "beta updates" checked. If I untick beta updates and wait for a new stable release then it tends to work okay.

Do you have beta updates enabled? If not, unless anyone else can provide a better solution, I would recommend a re-install of EAM which is likely to fix the problem.

I'm afraid I am unable to give you the ideal answer, but maybe Lynx will know something (He seems to know a lot ;) )

Regards :)

Hey bro are u using version 5.0.0.68 after stable version the one i just said had a bug remove your version from add and remove then reinstall your version it should fix then use mannual update you will get it all. I know this cause i had to do it.

Hi XonE32,

Are you using beta or the stable?

As I suggested to AXE in his recent request the reinstallation helped on XP

Personally I haven't seen the “major problem” message on XP for ages...

… but today I eventually got it.

I am accepting betas (as in the signature)

Just the Reboot of the PC as the message says – helped

At least at the moment I do not encounter any other issues after the Reboot

============

ModulesDeliveredMajorProblemMessage.jpg These are new modules delivered

or

you can look into beta Changelog starting from

2010-08-20 09:01:
 Scan Engine (A2) (revised)
 Scan Engine Component - 5.0.0.42
2010-08-20 08:59:
 Background guard component (x86) (revised)
 Background guard component for x86 systems — 1.0.0.494

But if you are using the stable version and/or the Reboot wouldn't help … well... please try to reinstall

Cheers!

p.s.

... or should I be calling customer support?...
there is no question about it - sure you can raise a Support Ticket since you are using the licensed version, but I hope the developers will answer here as well

In addition to the above

Several hours later the user got the same message on win 7 x64

Compare to the Free edition on XP that is licensed version,

but again, - accepting betas ( the same set of modules as mentioned above were delivered)

I'm not sure how that will go after the Reboot (he will report back)

Cheers!

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. I do have betas installed and shall uncheck it for now until I see the next .exe module updates and see what happens.

The program functions perfectly well after a reboot (until the next .exe module update)at which point I get the same message and have to reboot. As I said, it's only an irritant and as such I'd prefer not to reinstall the whole of EAM because of it unless absolutely necessary.

Will let u know this thread if anything else happens

Thanks again

Cheers

XonE32 :)

P.S. Lynx do u know the url for the changelog page. you gave it to me before and it was very helpful for comparisons. But I seem to have lost it from my bookmarks? Someone's been on my PC lolz. Thanks again m8.

...P.S. Lynx do u know the url for the changelog page. you gave it to me before and it was very helpful for comparisons. But I seem to have lost it from my bookmarks?...
Hi XonE32,

I think you are referring to this reply - where the Download Page was mentioned & respectively there are links near every Software description.

Then there is subsection under Offtopic section

Is that what you were searching for?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with that prompt, after opening the program. I uninstall, reboot, reinstall, and again with the error, 3 times already. I will try again by removing the check on the beta updates. Also, I am wondering if you guys will go back to the old ways, by providing Free separately. When I have the licensed version of Anti-Malware, I had problems with the whole computer freezing and I had to force shut down the computer, which was irritating.

...I have the same problem with that prompt, after opening the program. I uninstall, reboot, reinstall, and again with the error, 3 times already. I will try again by removing the check on the beta updates.
Hi megaman,

1st, please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

That is important , so the developers can see what you are using,

Otherwise that is hard even to start investigating.

Then, the "major problem" message/issue haven't been seen here for a long time on different systems/+platforms - it was addressed by the developers.

At the same time, there could be specifics, but we don't know anything about you environment

...Also, I am wondering if you guys will go back to the old ways, by providing Free separately. When I have the licensed version of Anti-Malware, I had problems with the whole computer freezing and I had to force shut down the computer, which was irritating.
The switching between the full Suite & Free version was made perfectly - my own personal opinion

... much better (!) than it was in the past and sure incomparable to the separate installations, which was introduced for some time. Now it is much flexible & the free edition is receiving all needed updates, so those users , who decided to switch have all needed modules in place

Finally, if you currently have licensed version - please post a Support Ticket to the developers.

You'll be asked to provide an additional info including necessary Utilities to run & tweaks that has to be made in order to debug

My regards

I don't want to take my time to go through all that clicking here and there to get the data since my problem was resolved by avoiding to check Beta Updates.

Towards the freezing Windows screen, I just set un-check all the stuff that involve the guard, so it's like running the freeware. My apologies for replying in a nonchalant mood, but it's 3 am.

Heck, I'll put it anyways. :)

Windows Vista 32-bit SP2

AMD AthlonX2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10GHZ

3 Gigs of Ram

AVAST! Antivirus

Windows Firewall

From HijackFree:

Process list saved on 3:42:31 AM, on 9/5/2010

Platform: Windows Vista32 Service Pack 2 (Windows NT 6.0.6002)

[pid] [full path to filename] [file version] [company name]

0 N/A

4 N/A

508 N/A

576 N/A

640 N/A

652 N/A

688 N/A

712 N/A

732 N/A

740 N/A

892 N/A

964 N/A

1096 N/A

1120 N/A

1152 N/A

1172 N/A

1240 N/A

1264 N/A

1280 N/A

1432 N/A

1456 N/A

1472 N/A

1832 C:\Windows\System32\taskeng.exe 6.0.6000.16386 Microsoft Corporation

1876 N/A

1944 N/A

2016 C:\Windows\explorer.exe 6.0.6000.16386 Microsoft Corporation

2024 C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\AWC.exe 3.7.0.722 IObit

828 C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe 11.2.4 14Aug08 Synaptics, Inc.

1376 C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe 1.0.0.2 TOSHIBA Corporation

336 C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastUI.exe 5, 0, 594, 0 AVAST Software

1664 C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe

1796 N/A

556 N/A

808 C:\Program Files\ClipX\clipx.exe

736 C:\Program Files\Everything\Everything.exe 1, 2, 1, 371

1384 C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtHDVCpl.exe 1, 0, 0, 303 Realtek Semiconductor

1380 C:\Program Files\Flashnote\Flashnote.exe

1576 C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Sup_SmartRAM.exe 2.0.5.12 IObit

1612 C:\Program Files\CuteReminder\CuteReminder.exe 2.1.0.0 CuteReminder Labs.

1492 N/A

1396 C:\Program Files\Gadwin Systems\PrintScreen\PrintScreen.exe 4.4 Gadwin Systems, Inc

1324 C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe 11.0.6000.6324 Microsoft Corporation

1408 C:\Program Files\Power Meter Plus\PowerMeterPlus.exe 1.06.0001 Matthew Collinge :: www.mattcollinge.co.uk

1792 N/A

2108 N/A

2120 C:\Program Files\PowerMenu\PowerMenu.exe 1, 5, 1, 0 Thong Nguyen

2560 N/A

2572 N/A

2588 N/A

2656 N/A

2684 N/A

2696 N/A

2728 N/A

2816 N/A

2896 N/A

2944 N/A

2976 N/A

3168 N/A

2052 N/A

2768 C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe 11.2.4 14Aug08 Synaptics, Inc.

1780 C:\Users\Jose\Desktop\gapa\gapa.exe 1.0.0.20 Tomasz Porosinski

3700 C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe 6.0.6000.16386 Microsoft Corporation

3464 N/A

3120 C:\TOSHIBA\IVP\NetInt\netint.exe 3.6.0.4 TOSHIBA Corporation

1352 C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Auslogics Disk Defrag\DiskDefrag.exe 3.1.8.150 Auslogics

1164 C:\Program Files\Advanced Registry Doctor\RegDefrag.exe 9.2.1.20 Elcor Software

3436 C:\Program Files\Advanced Registry Doctor\DefragMap.exe 9.2.1.20 Elcor Software (http://www.elcor.net/)

3772 C:\Users\Jose\AppData\Local\Zimbra\zdesktop\win32\prism\zdclient.exe 1.9.0.1 Mozilla Foundation

3732 C:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe 13133 Xfire Inc.

3972 C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe 5.0.0.123 Skype Technologies S.A.

4080 C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe 15.4.3002.0810 Microsoft Corporation

2620 C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe 10,0,0,1270 Yahoo! Inc.

3804 C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe 7.4.2.24 AOL Inc.

2300 C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe 15.4.3001.0809 Microsoft Corporation

276 N/A

1232 N/A

4920 C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 3\firefox.exe 2.0b4 Mozilla Corporation

5004 C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2start.exe 5.0.0.68 Emsi Software GmbH

5352 N/A

4104 C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2HiJackFree.exe 4.0.0.55 Emsi Software GmbH

...my problem was resolved by avoiding to check Beta Updates.

Well ... at least it is a temporary solution

Towards the freezing Windows screen, I just set un-check all the stuff that involve the guard, so it's like running the freeware. My apologies for replying in a nonchalant mood, but it's 3 am.
No need to apologize, but that is a really weird way to solve a problem - meaning that's not a solution at all by any means

AVAST! Antivirus

Please disable the real-time resident of that one if you want to find the cause of a problem
Windows Firewall
Extremely bad choice!

Finally , regarding the HiJack posting :blink: :

That says noting /... not needed currently ...

& please avoid in-line posting anyway - attach any report(s) as per "Forum Posting Rules"

My regards