Windows 10 search box no longer accessible

Nikilet

So why am I writing to Emsisoft about this? Because I used that search box when I first booted my computer this morning. Then I got notification that Emsisoft had upgraded to a new version. 

I received a strange pop up that Macrium Reflect would no longer run at startup, which I don't understand. So I was going to use the search box to find "Services" so that I could make sure Macrium is set on automatic startup. The search box is no longer accessible so I'm wondering if this Emsisoft update could have anything to do with it.

There's a bug in Win10 that can cause the search box not to work (regardless of whether you or not you have EAM/EIS installed) - the easiest way I've found to "fix" it, aside from just rebooting is to restart explorer via taskmgr.

Thank you very much m0unds for this info. It brings up another problem I've encountered with Windows 10. When I go to Task Manager, I don't find the explorer.exe in the schedule of background processes like I used to. So what do I look for in order to shut explorer down. Is it referred to by some name in Win 10?

Thank you very much m0unds for this info. It brings up another problem I've encountered with Windows 10. When I go to Task Manager, I don't find the explorer.exe in the schedule of background processes like I used to. So what do I look for in order to shut explorer down. Is it referred to by some name in Win 10?

if you bring up taskmgr and it's a small window that has no tabs, click "more details" at the bottom left of the window. once it expands, click the "details" tab and you should see it there.