Magic_The

Emsisoft IS 12 will not start

One of the firewall drivers has been removed, which would prevent the Emsisoft Protection Service from starting, and thus Emsisoft Internet Security would not be able to run. I recommend trying the following:

EIS Reinstall:

• Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.
You can use this alternate download link if needed.

Lets get a log from FRST, and see what the Event Log shows. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

I've been told that it's possible that the hotfix for Windows available at this link may resolve the issue, although please note that it is not guaranteed.

Also note that the hostfix download from Microsoft will more than likely come in a self-extracting archive of some sort. When you run it, you will need to extract the hotfix installer somewhere (such as your Desktop, Documents, etc) easy to find, and then you can run the hotfix installer. If you don't change where the download from Microsoft extracts to when you run it, then it won't extract the files and you won't be able to install the hotfix.

Was this happening before Zemana AntiLogger was installed? If you haven't checked, then it might be a good idea to uninstall Zemana AntiLogger temporarily just to make sure that it isn't preventing our firewall driver from being registered properly when you install Emsisoft Internet Security.

I had other Av installed (Kaspersky) And I wanted to try the new version of Emsisoft, because I like this product, but there is some kind of problem that I cant figure it out myself, uninstalled Zemana antilogger, but still no success.

My understanding is that this is only happening with new installations of version 12 of Emsisoft Internet Security. It might be possible to install version 11 and allow it to upgrade to version 12, and thus bypass the issue.

You should be able to get the most recent version of Emsisoft Internet Security 11 from FileHippo at this link (the download will start automatically shortly after clicking the link) (edit: link is for wrong product). Please be sure to disconnect your Internet before installing it in order to prevent it from updating to version 12 before the installation is finished. Once installed and working, you can reconnect your Internet and allow the update to take place.

If the update from v11 to v12 does not take, your (Magic_The) logs show that there are remains from Kaspersky, Norton and Bitdefender running on your system.  You may need to run cleanup utilities from each of those vendors before any new Security Software functions properly.  Just my two cents worth ...

This is actually a known issue that has been fixed in a beta update. I didn't mention it earlier since the beta update can only be installed after successfully installing Emsisoft Internet Security, so it won't help with the installation issue until it is released as a stable update.

I don't think that the few leftovers from other security software is a major issue, but of course it's worth cleaning up. Of greater concern to me is this seemingly randomly named VBS file sitting in his startup folder:

C:\Users\Evgeny\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ssofww9m.vbs
It may not be malicious, but I can't tell from just the file name. There are no results when searching for it, which makes it seem a bit suspicious.