Me101

Emsisoft keeps telling me to restart

Hi,

I have Emsisoft Internet Security and I keep getting a pop up notification to restart the laptop because it is unable to update.

I'd restarted a couple of times the past 24 hours for different reasons but it kept popping up nevertheless.

So I uninstalled it, used the cleaner to clean all trace of it, re-installed it but the notification has popped up again.

I have a licence, I put the licence number in when I reinstalled it, that's not a problem.

What am I supposed to do?

Please advise, thank you.

Does the following folder exist?

C:\Windows\Temp\EmOnR

If so, then are you able to delete it and then restart your computer? On Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 you need to restart by right-clicking on the Start button, and then using the shutdown/restart options at the bottom of the menu that appears.

On Windows 8 you need to hold down the Windows key on your computer (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog, then type in (or copy and paste) shutdown /r /t 0 and then click OK.