New Release - Same Old Temp File Problem

itman

They're more than likely being created when the Quarantine is re-scanned after updates are installed. I recommend either removing old items from the Quarantine, or setting the Quarantine re-scan to Manual (it can be found in the Settings, in the lower-right corner).

They're more than likely being created when the Quarantine is re-scanned after updates are installed. I recommend either removing old items from the Quarantine, or setting the Quarantine re-scan to Manual (it can be found in the Settings, in the lower-right corner).

Quarantine folder is empty.

I believe the issue is a temp folder is being created every time I boot regardless of if an actually sig. update occurred. It appears it is these folders that are not being auto deleted by EAM. Also might be a bug in the Quarantine scanning where it creates the folder regardless if there are any existing items. I will attempt to set re-scan to manual as you suggest.

-EDIT-

No option to set re-scan to manual. Might only be present if quarantine items exist?

No option to set re-scan to manual. Might only be present if quarantine items exist?

Here's where the "Quarantine Re-scan" option is:

post-18745-0-92252000-1477717313.png

It's possible that this is related to our crash reporting tool. If it is, then these temp folders will be persistent for as long as EAM is running.

post-18745-0-92252000-1477717313_thumb.p

Here's where the "Quarantine Re-scan" option is:

post-18745-0-92252000-1477717313.png

It's possible that this is related to our crash reporting tool. If it is, then these temp folders will be persistent for as long as EAM is running.

Thanks. Found it and set to no re-scan. Will report back on if this fixed the problem.

Based on what I've seen since talking with our developers about this, it looks like it happens as files are scanned in real-time (more than likely when a file is loaded by our File Guard and passed to the BitDefender engine for scanning).