Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Win32 Genome Trojan [Resolved]

Just scanned and 'Trojan.Win32.Genome.ilpw!A2' was reported with high risk in program files for Cyberlink/Shared Files/Rich Video.exe.

Two other virus proggies don't pick this up and i see from the web that this generic Win32.Genome is reported as false positives in many variations.

Wondering if any other reports of this item and what the best treatment (remove, quarantine) may be.

Cheers all!

Hi TonyB,

Please irrespectively submit the flagged items in the 1st place as described in Submitting suspected False Positives for analysis

but since you posted into "Malware Removal" follow the rules of this section

=======

Read the following instructions

START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread <--click

Prepare and post (attach) the required log files into this thread

Wait for reply from ShadowPuterDude, Katana, or JeanInMontana

for assistance and further instructions.

=======

Translation Links for Forum Instructions

My regards

P.S. Posting just the file name or the alleged infection name does not provide any information

The location of the files / precise names of files and/or Registry Entries ; processes, etc. are required. The same applies to the detections names. All that info should be in the saved report produced by EAM. That will be one of the steps in the instruction

I submitted the FP right click report, however the scans have stopped reporting the alert after the latest definition update.

Thanks for the advice details for future reference Lynx.

You are welcome.

Thanks for the reply & submitting, TonyB

Since I found from you previous requests that you are using the Free edition - this case was moved here from the "Malware Removal help" section

Marked as [Resolved]

Cheers!

P.S. can you please PM me & state the version of Cyberlink PowerDVD you are using (if that is the one)

I got the Win 7 x64 back for a while where v9 was pre-installed and checked after your post. I didn't find the said file in question... just curios. Thanks