Geoff K

Custom Scan Missing Option ?

Hi. I have EIS v 12.0.1.6859 in Win10 v 1607.14393.351, and I seem to be missing the option in Performance Settings for

• Use advanced caching - Allows intelligent self-optimization of scans on a continual basis by avoiding the need to re-examine known safe files if their contents remained unchanged.

A Custom Scan took an hour, so is there an option for EIS to only scan files that have been changed/modified ? Thanks in advance, Geoff K

It's normal for Custom Scans to take a long time (depending on what is being scanned of course).

Is the scan time significantly longer than version 11's scan times?

Hi. This is the first version of EIS I have had. I have Version 12, so I can't answer that.

I came from Norton which had the ability to skip files that had already been scanned, if there were no changes. I don't see that option in EIS as I said in my original post.

Is that option still available ?

There's an automatic optimization built into our scan that does improve the performance, however it does not work by skipping files that have already been scanned. We haven't had an option for skipping files that have already been scanned since something like version 7 of our products, and EIS has never had that option since it was created after the change.

• Upvote 1