JeremyNicoll

Is it normal that (in these forums) links to screenshots etc don't work?

Whenever I click on a link to someone-else's uploaded screenshot etc, I get a message saying I don't have permission to see it.   I'm logged-in.   Did something change in the way the forum is set up?

That's normal in the Beta forum. I haven't been told that the permissions in the support section of the forums don't allow regular users to see attachment, however it is entirely possible for them to have been reconfigured to prevent access to attachments to protect user information.

Unfortunately the forum software we use doesn't allow us to configure the forums to allow access to attachments based on file type, so we have to configure it either for all files or for no files.

In this forum, for example, I am unable to see the Capture.jpg in: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/25689-eis-v12-gui-position-on-screen/

On the other hand, screenshots here: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/25640-file-invisiblevbs-safe-or-not/ are immediately visible. Does this depend on the way that they are added to a post?

I'm fairly sure this is a new(ish) thing for I used to look at other people's screenshots quite often, especially in the non-English speaking sub-forums, as sometimes pictures show exactly what someone is complaining about even if one is not fluent in their language.

In the first example, the picture is attached. In the second, the file is hosted on a third-party image hosting service and simply embedded into the post using the IMG tag.