Huchim

EIS Won't Start

I have the same problem, since the release the v12, they said that was a problem with firewall driver but I'm still unable to install it. 

No other security programs running here. Just I removed a previous trial from ESET Smart Security but I removed it with its uninstaller tool. 

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can find the instructions and download at this link.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

It looks like you were working with David.

When a fix is ready, you'll need to uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security, restart your computer twice, and then download the updated version of Emsisoft Internet Security and reinstall it. David or I can answer any questions you have.

"When a fix is ready..."

Just as a matter of interest, why do you so often suggest this?  Surely it's better to download the new version before uninstalling the old one, so that one has at least some protection from the internet while doing so?

Just as a matter of interest, why do you so often suggest this?  Surely it's better to download the new version before uninstalling the old one, so that one has at least some protection from the internet while doing so?

Some people will click the 'Run' or 'Open' button when they download a file, and then the install will run before the existing installation has been properly uninstalled, which results in an error message. To avoid this, I always list the download last. Anyone who wants to can download the installer first, however I don't want to confuse anyone with too many steps or additional warnings.

Hello!  It sounds like this is a known issue.  I had very few problems with Version 11, but now with Version 12 it is failing to start up.

It will work fine for a few days, then upon booting the computer, the shield is red with a white "X" across it.  When I try to open the program a banner appears stating that EIS is waiting for something to start up, then the banner and EIS freezes up.  I then have to reboot the computer, today it was twice in order to get Emsisoft working again.  

I have once already re-installed Version 12 but this still continues to happen.

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.