Quirky

App Lock vulnerable

With the new version, I noticed that quite often this message pops up: (wording is not exact)

"You seem to dig this wi-fi network, would you like to disable App Lock... etc."

This essentially allows any user to bypass all app locks with one click. What's more, it keeps coming back rather annoyingly, even if the user refuses. Please consider completely removing this security-hole message, the Settings are perfectly adequate to handle this.

Also, the ability to lock EMS itself seems lost.

Hi CBMan,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you would want to follow this message and trust a specific network you would still need to enter the PIN in order to be able to activate the feature for this network.

As for the messages, have you already recognized and adjusted the settings available for App Lock?

You can find them at the App Lock screen if you touch the three dots in the upper right corner. Please let me know if this solves the problem for you.

If you would want to follow this message and trust a specific network you would still need to enter the PIN in order to be able to activate the feature for this network.

As for the messages, have you already recognized and adjusted the settings available for App Lock?

You can find them at the App Lock screen if you touch the three dots in the upper right corner. Please let me know if this solves the problem for you.

If I remember correctly, the feature activated without requiring the PIN, which urged me to post here. I have the "do not ask the PIN for 30-seconds..." option enabled and I probably had unlocked an App just before that. Will it not ask for the PIN in this case?

Can't remember if I had already adjusted the settings, but it now seems the message is not reappearing. In any case, I still think you should remove that pop-up for both security and user-annoyance reasons. Your decision, of course.

Dear CBMman,

Thank you for your feedback.

This shouldn't be possible, to disable App Lock for an app you always need the PIN code to be able to proceed.

You might want to disable to trust specific networks at all in the settings of the App Lock screen to prevent the message from appearing.

If you should be able to make Emsisoft Mobile Security behave differently please do not hesitate to let me know.