redactor

CLOSED Build 6936 - Can't Pause or Stop Scan

The title says it all.

After auto update of EIS to 6936 on Win10 Pro x64, manually ran a malware scan. Halfway through tried to stop it, then pause it. Hitting those buttons multiple times had no effect -- though pressing "Pause" did toggle the display to "Resume" and back again, but had no effect on the actual scan.

Shut down and restarted EIS several times and reran scan. Same behavior.

Can others duplicate this (mis)behavior?

Win 10Pro 64bit here too redactor. I had no problem stopping the 6936 scan.

Tested twice, once during the first part of the scan and then started a new scan and tried again during the 'enumerating' bit when it is around 80%

Windows 10 Home

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.447

I cannot reproduce; all scan types will pause as intended using the Pause feature.

redactor, pls enable debuglogging, restart your pc and try to reproduce and send me the logs in a pm.

This issue seems similar to an older version of the scan engine. however that was fixed at v12 release.

redactor, pls enable debuglogging, restart your pc and try to reproduce and send me the logs in a pm.

This issue seems similar to an older version of the scan engine. however that was fixed at v12 release.

Update --

After computer reboot into x64 OS, the Pause and Stop buttons worked as intended.huh.png

However, immediately after EIS update on the Win10 X86 side of my dual-boot machine, the identical problem appeared: Pause and Stop buttons have no effect during a scan. I haven't yet rebooted the x86 side to see if the buttons work ok -- will get to that tomorrow.

Maybe something about the update process itself requires a full reboot, not just a program restart??

Hi Redactor,

Maybe something about the update process itself requires a full reboot, not just a program restart??

Unluckily we can't say that unless checking logs, but of course could be a hypothesis. Please let we know if you can reproduce with logs!

Orlando

Hi Redactor,

Please let we know if you can reproduce with logs!

As was the case with Win10 Pro x64, problem disappears after reboot under x86 as well. So I can no longer reproduce the problem.

Hi Redactor,

I am gonna close the issue, when a new version will be released, enable the logs please and try again! Feel free to start a new thread if problem appears again.

Thanks,

Orlando