Malake

Delay booting EIS 12

Hello guys. Since i've updated to EIS 12 (beta updates enabled), i've noticed some boot delay (the login screen hangs before I can login with my password). In another hand, Windows Defender is active in memory during some minuts (it's not disabled when i install EMSI) in my Windows 10 x64 machine. Thanks for your support

How long is the delay caused at the login screen?

Also, when i'm browsing and EIS is updating its virus database, Chrome freezes some seconds...

That's not abnormal. Our update process doesn't download the latest version of the database, it downloads the changes since updates were last installed and then merges them into the database files that are on your computer. Since the database files need to be decrypted, decompressed, changes merged into them, then re-compressed, and re-encrypted it can cause high CPU usage and some applications may react slowly while this is happening.

• Upvote 1

How long is the delay caused at the login screen?

That's not abnormal. Our update process doesn't download the latest version of the database, it downloads the changes since updates were last installed and then merges them into the database files that are on your computer. Since the database files need to be decrypted, decompressed, changes merged into them, then re-compressed, and re-encrypted it can cause high CPU usage and some applications may react slowly while this is happening.

Delay in my laptop is about 7-8 seconds before logon screen appears.

You can try the instructions at this link (may have lots of advertisements) to disable Windows Defender, and see if that helps at all. There are also a number of alternate ways to disable Windows Defender mentioned at this link, however they do require a higher level of technical knowledge than the first link.

• Upvote 1

Hi again. Disabling Windows Defender not helps, but i've found a trick, unchecking "Protect the computer even if no user is logged on" at Protection File Guard. No more delay in logon. I hope this helps users with same issue.