stapp

CLOSED Autoupdate to 6954

On Win 7 went from 6508 to 6954.

Update went really well, did it twice to get to new build of 12.

I like the GUI.

Even harder for people to find build number now!!

Same problem as with new build of EAM... malware scan is going so slow through C\Windows \Installer it is barely moving at all :(

Win 10 went from 6508 t0 6954 in 2 jumps.

Only issue I saw was the little window asking me to reload appeared in the taskbar and not in front of the GUI.

Malware scan only took 60 seconds so I don't know what is going on. Previously it took between 3 and 4 minutes on Win 10 (no SSD)

post-2815-0-05670200-1480060744_thumb.png
Download Image

Malware scan only took 60 seconds so I don't know what is going on. Previously it took between 3 and 4 minutes on Win 10 (no SSD)

Sorry Frank. I forgot I had run an EAM scan in same Windows Session which affected the EEK scan time.

San time for EEK on Win 10 was of a normal length for me.

Only issue I saw was the little window asking me to reload appeared in the taskbar and not in front of the GUI.

That is know issue of EEK V11. It is fixed in V12.

Thank you for feedback.

Cannot work out how to get a ScanEngineOutput of EEK on Win 7 as the scan takes 14 to 15 minutes and gets stuck around C\Windows\Installer.

Parts 1 to 4 of the scan go fast and then it goes very, very slow.

(couldn't get the ScanEngineOutput to work on EAM on Win 7 either)

Stapp,

Please see my reply here: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/25809-malware-scan-using-6956/?p=163171 the way our products generate debug logs are the same. Moreover the scan engine is the same, so the problem is already explained in that thread, it is not necessary to start a new one in the Emsisoft Emergency Kit section :)

Thanks,

Orlando