jimmyjames

False positives or ? I don't know

I am new to Emsisoft (1 mo trial basis) and I have a coupla questions.

using 12.0.1.6859 Internet Security.

At times recently since adding EMSI internet security I have found my internet to not work or be super slow. Could be my connection but I don't think so.

Is it possible there is some setting in the antimalware by Emsisoft that is causing my slow or non-working internet?

Also I have found what I think are false positives in my behavior blocking list. I have white listed them but I wonder if I should have.

Prish Resizer is a long time jpg resizer that I've used for years and I don't THINK it needs to be blocked.

ruby.exe is part of Private internet Access VPN and I've been using it for a year or two with no problems that I know of.
But how does one know if something like this is indeed bad or not, when Emsisoft says  it is and wants to block it?

Here is a jpg of the behavior blocker panel (attached)

I also had Emsisoft behavior blocker cause my computer to freeze up on start and I had to restart in safe mode because when I restarted without safe mode it froze again. Realtime protection was not respondiing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Emsisoft and that seems to have fixed it.

Is this a known problem and what causes it?
Jpg of this attached as well.

post-44459-0-44706300-1480361967_thumb.jpg
Download Image

post-44459-0-15863400-1480362136_thumb.jpg
Download Image

Also I have found what I think are false positives in my behavior blocking list. I have white listed them but I wonder if I should have.

Prish Resizer is a long time jpg resizer that I've used for years and I don't THINK it needs to be blocked.

ruby.exe is part of Private internet Access VPN and I've been using it for a year or two with no problems that I know of.

But how does one know if something like this is indeed bad or not, when Emsisoft says  it is and wants to block it?

Behavior Blocker alerts are normal. They simply detect behavior, and are displayed when an application doesn't have a strong enough reputation on our Anti-Malware Network. There aren't technically false positives with the Behavior Blocker, because most applications are capable of performing actions that would trigger it, and the Behavior Blocker simply uses an application's reputation in our Anti-Malware Network and digital signatures on applications to try to determine if running programs are known to be safe (or unsafe) before displaying alerts.

As for the other issues, lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can find the instructions and download at this link.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

One of our moderators just reminded me that you won't be able to send me a Private Message since you only have one post. For now, if you haven't already done so, you can send the log to me by creating a new ticket in our helpdesk system at this link and attaching the file to the ticket. Be sure to leave a link to this forum topic when you create the support ticket so that we know who sent the log. ;)