jackiemarie

Emsisoft not loading on some boots

I've been away with a family emergency but will now add my thank you - the time required for scans is normal.  

However, EAM, maybe every other day, is still not loading when I turn on the laptop.  Attached is a snip from this morning - there was no icon in the lower right task bar and Windows said EAM reports that it isn't turned on. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

EAM not load.JPG
Download Image

I split out your post as it is a different issue entirely and mixing issues in topics is usually a bad idea. Can you please check with the Windows Task Manager if the a2guard.exe process is running at all on these boots where EAM is seemingly inactive?

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can find the instructions and download at this link.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

4 hours ago, Fabian Wosar said:

I split out your post as it is a different issue entirely and mixing issues in topics is usually a bad idea. Can you please check with the Windows Task Manager if the a2guard.exe process is running at all on these boots where EAM is seemingly inactive?

I will check as you've requested the next time it is seemingly inactive.

I will also send GT500 the diagnostic log as requested.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, GT500 said:

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can find the instructions and download at this link.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

The diagnostic log has been sent.

The log shows that EAM is installed in a folder used by an old version. Also, WMIC wasn't able to read any of the file version numbers. This could mean that an outdated version is installed. Lets try a reinstall, and see if that helps:

1. Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Restart your computer twice.
  3. Download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.

You can use this alternate download link if needed.

I uninstalled EAM (Start>Programs>Emsisoft Anti Malware>Uninstall) and then restarted twice.  I ran the Setup.exe from the first link you gave.  A popup has appeared saying EAM is already installed.

Please get back to me as I want anti virus protection as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

Already installed EAM.JPG
Download Image

Please download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get me a log:

1. Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  2. Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  3. Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  4. A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

Just a comment, but for the technically-challenged of this world such as myself, I would greatly have appreciated knowing that there would be no support response Saturday or Sunday...I would not have uninstalled EAM knowing that I'd be without anti virus/anti malware protection going on 3 days now.:(