Guest Tempus

Activation code is already used ?

Guest Tempus

Hey Emsisoft

In November this year I bought a Emsisoft Mobile license to my tablet, installed it... and it worked fine, of course. But due to some problems later on, it was necessary for me to reinstall the tablet to factory standard. Later that day I went to my google account, logged in and downloaded Emsisoft to my tablet. But under the process where I am entering the Activation code, I was stopped by the following message " Activation code is already used  ". Can it really be true that the Activation code only can be used once ? Could it be possible for someone to cast some light over this issue ... Otherwise... thank you for another fine product...

Regards Tempus =))

Hi Tempus, Hi muaddibb,

Thank you for contacting us here in our support forum.

Indeed you only need to enter a license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security one time. Next time you re-install Emsisoft Mobile Security it is enough to simply use your Google email address to log in to our security app. No need to re-enter the activation code.

To check your subscription status please visit the new web portal for Emsisoft Mobile Security at the following site: https://central.emsisoft.com/

Log in with your email address which you are using for Emsisoft Mobile Security on your mobile device(s) as well. Then choose "My Subscriptions" from the menu on the left.

Thank you for using our software solutions, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Hello i have checked subscription status /  It says that it valid for 1046  days. When i tried to activated software on my phone it says that the key is already in use

Dear muadddibb,

Thank you for your reply.

You need to know you only need to enter a license key one time. As you've mentioned you already see a valid subscription on your account for Emsisoft Mobile Security please log in to Emsisoft Mobile Security using the same Google email address which you've used to check your subscription status online under https://central.emsisoft.com/.

This should be enough to bring back the full version of Emsisoft Mobile Security on your mobile device. Please note that a subscription is always valid for a specific amount of mobile devices only. You can check the devices linked to your account under "My Devices" in the web portal (link mentioned above).

I hope my reply can help you to get up and running with the full version of Emsisoft Mobile Security again. If I can assist any further please just let me know.

Guest Tempus

Hi Thomas Ott

Thank you for your help...it worked, and thank you for your always pleasant and good service.

Regards Tempus =))

Dear Tempus,

Thank you for taking the time for your kind feedback.

I'm glad to hear it works as it should be now. Thank you for using our security solutions, I hope you enjoy your day! :)

Just bought Emsisoft Mobile Security for 2 phones.
Install ok on my phone, but get an error message at the instalation on my wife's phone.
Activation code is allerede used

Dear Bille,

Thank you for your message.

Please could you send me a private message (PM) here in the forum containing the Google email addresses which are in use on your own and your wifes mobile device?

You need to know, you only need to (or can) enter a license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security one single time either on a mobile device or via the online portal of our security app here: https://central.emsisoft.com/

When entering the license key the first time the properties of the specific license are booked/transferred to your account for Emsisoft Mobile Security and from that time you only need to remember the Google email address and password which you are using for our security app. But if you are using different email addresses on both devices then we would need to split the license time so that each account will be valid for one mobile device.

In the meanwhile, if I can assist please do not hesitate to contact me.

Had the same problem about the activation code is already in use after a reset of my phone, i solved it by removing my phone from MyEmsisoft and then installed Emsisoft Mobile Security again on my phone.

Hi Bempa,

The error message "Activation code is already used" is not a problem but per design.

It is because of the nature of the activation codes (= license keys) for Emsisoft Mobile Security. They act as a voucher which can only be used one single time - the license is stored on your account for Emsisoft Mobile Security which is bound to your Google account credentials.

The procedure which you've explained is the correct way of how to deal with a factory reset or when changing mobile devices. The factory reset causes the unique identifier to change which is used from our security app to be able to identify your specific device. I cannot say if our mobile developers might come up with a piece of code which is able to do the same and resists a factory reset, but from what I know it is not actively worked on at the moment.

As it could be valuable information for other users coming across this topic, here is the link to our knowledge base to the article related to a factory reset: https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/265/45/what-if-i-have-to-do-a-factory-reset-on-my-device

When changing devices we've instructions available here: https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/266/45/how-can-i-migrate-emsisoft-mobile-security-to-a-new-mobile-device

Thank you for using our software solutions, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.