ericrlepine

"An unexpected internal processing error occurred. Please contact the support team."

I'm seeing the same messages pop up now as well, it appears to be to do with updates. Mine says: LAST UPDATE 1 HR AGO. But when i click to update now it is giving me "An unexpected internal processing error occurred. Please contact the support team."

Strange, i did a reboot and all seems normal now. Before that even doing SFC /scannow didn't work in command prompt. I was just checking why my edge browser was instantly closing when clicking it. Chrome was working fine. Ah well, no idea what happened.

On Windows 7, just try restarting the computer, and you should be able to update. On Windows 8.1 and 10 you'll need to do the following:

1. Right-click on the Start button.
  2. Go to Shut down or sign out.
  3. Select Restart from the list.

This issue will more than likely reoccur after you've been able to update at least once. If you'd like to try it, we do have a fix for the issue available in a beta version of our software. Here's how to install the beta:

1. Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  2. Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  5. Click on the Update now button on the right side.