sparkz

Multiple device licenses usage - each device start a separate timer? or first use starts all??

I purchased a 3-device 2 year EIS license on 11 Sep 2016.  I have installed EIS on 2 machines so far.  I have a 3rd, laptop, that I was going to use the final device license for.

The 2nd license is on a PC at another location that I can't check immediately.

Before I use the 3rd device license, will it start it's duration when I apply the License Key to that laptop with 2 year duration.  Or did that 3 device license start its counter when it was first used on any device?

And also when registering a multi-device license does it do the same thing?

Note: Please register a license key only after it is used. When registering an unused key, the license period immediately starts, even if the license key is not used on a computer/server.

How does that warning affect a multi-device license?  Will it show 3 separate start dates after registering?

4 hours ago, sparkz said:

Before I use the 3rd device license, will it start it's duration when I apply the License Key to that laptop with 2 year duration.  Or did that 3 device license start its counter when it was first used on any device?

If all three licenses are on the same key, then the expiration date for all of them was set when the first one was activated. If you have separate keys for each license, then they will all have their own expiration dates.

5 hours ago, sparkz said:

And also when registering a multi-device license does it do the same thing?

Yes. If a license key is not activated, then registering it with your account in our License Center will activate it, and set the expiration date.

5 hours ago, sparkz said:

How does that warning affect a multi-device license?  Will it show 3 separate start dates after registering?

If all of the licenses are on the same key, then they will all share the same start and end dates. Licenses that have their own separate keys will of course each have their own start and end dates.