Report a bug (12.2.0.7060

Amir

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can download the batch file for generating the log from this link, and there are instructions for running it at this link. Please be sure that you don't use the download link in the instructions, as it is out of date.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

On 1/5/2017 at 2:34 PM, GT500 said:

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can download the batch file for generating the log from this link, and there are instructions for running it at this link. Please be sure that you don't use the download link in the instructions, as it is out of date.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

I've sent it to you

I don't see anything in the log that would explain the issue you are having. Lets try getting a log from Fiddler, and see what it shows:

Please download and install Fiddler 2 from this link (this is the version that requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0), and then follow the instructions below:

1. After installing Fiddler, please open it from the Start Menu.
  2. Launch Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  3. Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  4. Click on Privacy in the menu at the top.
  5. Turn off the option that says Use SSL encryption for all server communication (this is necessary for Fiddler to be able to record the update process).
  6. Click on Updates in the menu at the top
  7. Click on the Proxy settings button on the right side, in the middle.
  8. Check the box that says Use proxy.
  9. Enter localhost in the Server field, and then enter 8888 in the Port field.
  10. Click OK.
  11. Click the Update now button above the Proxy settings button.
  12. After the update fails, go back to Fiddler, and  to File, then Save, and select All Sessions (please save it on your desktop).
  13. Please send me the Fiddler log in a Private Message (do not post it in a reply).

Note that you may need to ZIP the log to be able to attach it to a Private Message. If you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.