DSM11

"Emsisoft waiting for component (service) to start"

Found this message on home screen this morning. Have tried opening Emsisoft program without success. Cannot close message. Have tried rebooting computer, but message comes back. Have I been hacked?

Using Emsisoft Internet Security Guard. Updated 30 minutes ago. I cannot open Emsisoft to see the exact product version number. Operating system is Microsoft 10.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE MESSAGE AND NOT BEING ABLE TO REACH THE EMSISOFT SOFTWARE, BUT I DID A COLD REBOOT INSTEAD OF A RESTART AND THE MESSAGE DISAPPEARED AND I AM ABLE TO REACH THE SOFTWARE. MY APOLOGIES.

Edited by DSM11
Problem removed by cold reboot.

I'm glad to hear that the issue seems to be resolved now. If you start to have the problem again, then you may want to use our Diagnostic Batch File to get us a diagnostic log. You can download the batch file for generating the log from this link, and there are instructions for running it at this link. Please be sure that you don't use the download link in the instructions, as it is out of date.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.