mdw777

Help Decrypt .karma extension

I have removed all the traces of the malware from my pc, now all I need is a way to decrypt my files. They have been written over with .karma extension.

Hello,

How long ago did this occur?  This particular Ransomware family was short lived and the command and control servers are no longer online.

Karma encrypted files cannot be decrypted.

This just happened on the 14th, 4 days ago. I've removed the malware the 15th and have been digging around online for a way to decrypt my files since because my shadow files were deleted by the ransomware so I can't recover them. If there is anyway to get them back, it would be really nice.

6 hours ago, ivanKa said:

Hello, I would like to report infection by .karma extension as well. Around same time - weekend of 14th jan. Pls help.

I sent files to Redmosquito (http://www.redmosquito.co.uk/) - they were successful in decrypting but charging heavily (2 grand). So shd be possible it looks

That is the ransomware developers own decryption tool and will work with the decryption key that the supplied.  Encryption keys are system specific and the encryption scheme used by Karma is unbreakable.

21 hours ago, mdw777 said:

This just happened on the 14th, 4 days ago. I've removed the malware the 15th and have been digging around online for a way to decrypt my files since because my shadow files were deleted by the ransomware so I can't recover them. If there is anyway to get them back, it would be really nice.

How were you infected?  Previously, it was by downloading and installing a rogue tool.

The files cannot be decrypted without paying the ransom.