Hannah

A digitally signed driver is required

When running EEK I get this message from Windows, "A digitally signed driver is required".

eek_unsigned.PNG.f8059bf035597ec4c1b3789be0d545a5.PNG
Download Image

EEK seems to run, I can update and navigate through the GUI, but I'm not sure I would trust the integrity of the scanning like this. I've only seen this message once before with an Intel driver after the Windows 10 1607 update.

Spec:
EEK: 12.0.0.6971
Windows 10 Home x64: 1607

What should I do? :wub:

I'm not seeing the same error message on Windows 10 x64 (1607) when running EEK.

The error message is related to Windows being unable to either read the digital signature in our EPP (Emsisoft Protection Platform) driver, or being unable to verify the signature. If you restart your computer and try again, do you still see this error message?

Doesn't appear after a restart, but I've installed this onto two systems now and the issue reproduced on both of them. They run ESET software, could that conflict?

Once I first start up the EEK scanner after installing it, right after it loads the signatures and prompts me to run an update, the Windows error message pops up behind the EEK window. If I close EEK and re-open EEK, the error message doesn't appear again.

But since it showed the first time, it's hard to trust the results from EEK. :(

On 2/4/2017 at 0:49 PM, Hannah said:

They run ESET software, could that conflict?

I'm not aware of any conflict, but I guess it is possible that somehow ESET's software is preventing Windows from validating the digital signature for our driver.

On 2/4/2017 at 0:49 PM, Hannah said:

But since it showed the first time, it's hard to trust the results from EEK. :(

Scan results from EEK shouldn't be impaired. DDA should be the only scan option that requires the driver, and since DDA isn't necessary these days we don't have it enabled by default anymore.

Deleting detected threats is different, since that can require the driver if something is being particularly difficult to remove.