PeteScotson

How to stop the BD-xxxx SCREAM?

Dear PeteScotson,

Thank you for contacting our support.

The easiest way is to unlock the device and then confirm the message box from the alarm with a tap at "OK".

Thank you for using our software solutions, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me again.

• Upvote 1

Ok. There is no "OK" button - if the phone is locked. It's there if the phone is already unlocked, and is as you describe, but if the phone is locked the alarm sounds and once I have unlocked there is no message box. I'm using a MOTO G4 with Android and a pattern lock, and in the mode where notifications show on the locked screen.

Regards,

Pete

Dear Pete,

Please excuse, I need to apologize for my late reply to you, unfortunately I had no chance to get to my assigned request earlier.

In the case that you have not already tried, please could you visit the online portal for Emsisoft Mobile Security at the following site: https://central.emsisoft.com/

Choose "My Devices", then click the entry for your MOTO G4, then at the upper right click "Anti-Theft". You should see a blue "LOCATE" button and next to it a gray button to trigger and alert.

Please click the small gray button to trigger an alert from the online portal. On first try please place a check-mark next to "Play alarm" and then click "SEND". For a second try please type some text in the text field as well before you click "SEND".

Please could you let me know the result if you perform the above two tests with the phone locked. Do you see the "OK" button to confirm the alarm in both cases?

Please could you let us know the following information as well:
   1. The Android version used
   2. The version of Emsisoft Mobile Security used
   3. Is there any other security solution installed on the device?
   4. a) Please open the settings of your mobile device and choose "Security settings".
       b) Is Emsisoft Mobile Security listed and enabled as "Device Administrator“ there?

Hi Thomas,

Sorry my reply to you is also slow. I've put the answers with the questions below:

Please could you let me know the result if you perform the above two tests with the phone locked. Do you see the "OK" button to confirm the alarm in both cases? - Yes, I see the OK button in both cases.

Please could you let us know the following information as well:
   1. The Android version used - 6.0.1
   2. The version of Emsisoft Mobile Security used - 3.0.1
   3. Is there any other security solution installed on the device? No, I have not installed any, but see 4b?
   4. a) Please open the settings of your mobile device and choose "Security settings". 
       b) Is Emsisoft Mobile Security listed and enabled as "Device Administrator“ there?  Yes, Emsisoft Mobile Security and  Android Device Manager are listed there.

Regards,

Pete

Dear Pete,

Thank you for kindly providing all the requested information.

I'll inform our mobile developers and will follow up as soon as I know more.

Dear Pete,

Thank you for your patience.

We are working on an update with smaller fixes for Emsisoft Mobile Security and I hope we can release it soon.

I'll inform you once it is available so that you can check it out and see if it can fix the problem with the missing "OK" button.

In the meanwhile, if I can assist please do not hesitate to contact me.