caretechit

Adding Exceptions for Programs Not Installed on Server

Hi Team,

I'm trying to add an exception for a printer software that is triggering alerts. I would like to do this organization-wide using policies, however, the "Add Program" and "Add Folder" browse only allow selection of folders and programs that are already installed on the server so I'm not able to add the exception. How to do this? 

Thank you!

What I did was create a folder called AAA on the root of the server's hard drive. Then you can go through the folder exclusion process and select the local AAA folder. After selecting the AAA folder you can then rename it and the file path as necessary.

1 minute ago, Robert2017 said:

What I did was create a folder called AAA on the root of the server's hard drive. Then you can go through the folder exclusion process and select the local AAA folder. After selecting the AAA folder you can then rename it and the file path as necessary.

Great idea @Robert2017! So just choose a random exe or folder, which creates an exception item, which can then be edited to whatever you want. That seems to work fine.

So I have a workaround now, which is great. But I do still think there is room for an actual process for this. It seems it would be most intuitive to have an "Add exception" button, which creates a blank one where a value can be keyed in or pasted, at that stage there could be a browse button to go find it if desired.

Thanks!

Currently exclusions do no support addition of a blank line.

There is no need to create a AAA folder, you could actually select any folder or file and rename the exclusion.

Please note that so called placeholders (environment variables) and wildcards are supported.

cheers

I have this same issue being my EEC is running on a server and none of the programs I want to allow are on that box.  Are people mostly just running the EEC on their own workstation to avoid this?  I can certainly navigate to the C: drive on my own machine, but have nothing to point to when on the server.

hello,

>you could actually select any folder or file and rename the exclusion.

select c:\temp

change it to c\:program files\demo\demo.exe

done

does this help ?