DRM

Emsisoft Error on Start Up

This is not malware related.  Your system is running Win 10 x64 and you have EIS x86 installed.  Uninstall EIS.  Reboot.

Download EmsiClean to your Desktop: https://dl.emsisoft.com/Emsiclean.zip

After you downloaded the tool, just run it. Read the disclaimer carefully and press "Yes" if you accept it. The tool will then show a list of all Emsisoft objects it found installed on your system. Simply enable the check boxes of all objects you want to remove. Be careful with objects of type "Folder" though and check their contents before selecting them for removal, as they may still contain data that you may want to save first. Then press the "Remove selected objects" button and reboot when asked.

Download and install Emsisoft Internet Security: http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.exe

Enter license information when prompted.

Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

Mr. Zoll,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I am not running Windows 10. 

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit.

I have used Emsisoft for several years, and this problem only came up in the least couple fo weeks.

DRM

Mr. Zoll,

Old software removed, new software installed, per your instructions.

It updated the software definitions, but ES is reporting the software is out of date.  When I try to update it, it says it could not connect to the update server. 

I am not using proxy settings.

My Internet connection works as normal.

Please advise.

DRM

It might be an issue with the service we use to protect against DDoS attacks.

I am going to transfer this support request to the EIS support forum where you will get the appropriate help.

On 2/17/2017 at 1:08 PM, DRM said:

It updated the software definitions, but ES is reporting the software is out of date.  When I try to update it, it says it could not connect to the update server.

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can find the instructions and download at this link.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

If you move your mouse over my user name, a box will appear with more information. There should be something to click on to send me a message.

I'm not seeing anything in the log that could explain the update issue. Lets try the following:

1. Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  2. Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  3. Click on Privacy in the new menu at the top.
  4. Turn off the option to use SSL for server communication.
  5. Click on Overview in the menu at the top.
  6. Move your mouse into the little gray box in the lower-left that says Updates.
  7. Click on Update now.

Let me know if that helps.

I don't know what did the trick, but when I got to the "Update Now" part of your instructions, the legend below Update Now said "Software is up to date."  Since that was my presenting problem, I'm happy.

Thanks for your help.

DRM