nada hesham

Decryptor can't find key for xorist?

9 posts in this topic

my computer is infected with xorist malware. 

the problem is that I installed a new windows 7 and now the read me files wont read the message and When I try to run the decrypter, I get a message saying "the decrypter could not determine a valid key for your system" and then it continues to tell me to drag and drop a encrypted and a unencrypted file into the decrypter. However, as the decrypter doesn't start up, this is not possible.i tried to drag and drop both theencrypted and the unencrypted file but still get the same message 

i saw in a previous post a scan done by Emsisoft Emergency kit and Farbar Recovey Scan Tool so, i did that and here's the reports and logs

I would Appreciated if someone could help me 

Addition and FRST.zip

scan_170216-222531.zip

Hi nada hesham,

Please share the file pair you are using.

Regards,

Sarah

Hi nada hesham,

Are you sure you are dealing with Xorist? Do you have any ransom notes? 

Regards,

Sarah

the note won't open since i installed a new window but i'm not sure it's xorist is there a way to be sure what kind of ransom-ware it is ?

Hi nada hesham,

This doesn't look like Xorist. I believe that you are dealing with ASN1 ransomware, which is currently not decryptable; it is difficult to tell since the ransom note is also scrambled. You can check to confirm using ID-Ransomware.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware would have prevented your system from being compromised and encrypted in the first place. So if you appreciate our support, why not do yourself and your files a favour and check our product out, and perhaps consider buying it.

Regards,

Sarah

Hi nada hesham,

Sorry that we could not provide better news. I will update you if a decrypter is released.

Regards,

Sarah