David F. M.

I'm going to buy it, but?

I'm going to buy it, but?

First of all, I'm happy I'm here. I've already prepared a very detailed review for the product & website and will post it soon.

You are in general proved to be smarter than some other top-rated competent software [Lighter, Smoother, but Efficicient] although I'm very sad EIS lacks some of the features I'm eager to have.

Also, I must say Thank You special for Mr Kevin Zoll for the gracious support for a new free user even without buying the full product.

Before buying the EIS 2017 Version for myself and a friend through a man who has a paypal account here in Egypt because I do not have one , I want to ask some questions.

First, I see the EIS is Great but why does it lack other significant modules such as a built-in browser integration, pop-up blocker, password manager & encryption / safes module? - Encryption / safes module is your yard

In other words, WHAT IS NEXT FOR 'EIS' in 2017 for major or minor completion?

[If you welcome my suggestions, I'll post them if you want]

Second, what are the best free top-rated security-related stuff I can install with the EIS product without making conflicts on the OS , e.g. Firefox browser extensions, a second layer of free [or Paid] ransomware protection, system vulnerability patching tool [Flash, Java] & finally best system optimization suite OF THESE?

= Firefox browser extensions [disconnectme free or mblock origin or Avira bowser safety or all]

= Second layer of free [or Paid] ransomware protection [ RansomFree or KS Antiransomware Tool or MBAM 3.0.6 or VoodooSheild]

= System vulnerability patching tool [Heimdal Free or IObit ASCU]

= System optimization suite [IObit ASCU or Glarysoft Utilities Pro 5 +]

Third, Is you license in the form of serials or files?

Fourth, can you provide us a light discount on the licenses which my friend Ahmed will bring for me or not. I see that you do not have a reseller here in Egypt. I told a busnisess care company about you on the phone today while asking for a product there [SUNDAY].

Addition 1

I saw these features in this review http://antivirus-software.specout.com/l/416/Emsisoft-Internet-Security

Anti-Spyware/Adware & Vulnerability Protection

Where are they evident in the software settings?

Addition 2

If there are any conflicts inmy classification tell me

Addition 3

Does MBAM 3.0.6 add more security than other stuff [ RansomFree or KS Antiransomware Tool or VoodooSheild]

Does Heimdal Free really add to protection to the system with its patching? I need no malware scanner

Thank You

Please consider this as I want some relief regarding my purchase

Waiting & Watching

Yours,

David

=====================================================

Edited by David F. M.
  • Upvote 1

HI David

I can  give you  my answer for part of your question namely other security.   You will notice there is a bit of over lap, but it does show what can be run with EIS.

1. Sandboxie

2 Hitman Pro Alert.     Anti Exploit

3 NoViriusThanks  ExeRadarPro   Anti Executable

4 Voodooshield      

5 ShadowDefender.

No conflicts with EIS.

Pete

1 hour ago, Peter2150 said:

HI David

I can  give you  my answer for part of your question namely other security.   You will notice there is a bit of over lap, but it does show what can be run with EIS.

1. Sandboxie

2 Hitman Pro Alert.     Anti Exploit

3 NoViriusThanks  ExeRadarPro   Anti Executable

4 Voodooshield      

5 ShadowDefender.

No conflicts with EIS.

Pete

OK, Mr Pete

Thanks a lot for advice

Voodooshield was added seconds ago then I saw you included it. I will add it to my fresh system upon unistall.

Sandboxie, Hitman Pro Alert Anti Exploit & Shadow Defender are all paid.

I found something called Cuckoo Sandbox  -  https://cuckoosandbox.org/

Never heard of it.

Cameyo is another thing I have already found. http://www.cameyo.com/

I am waiting for techical recommendations & responses

Where is MBAM 3.0.6 among all these?

Edited by David F. M.
Additions

1 hour ago, Peter2150 said:

I've been involved in MBaM 3.06, and I don't think it's ready for prime time.  I wouldn't put it on  my machines. 

Stunning Review !!!!!!!!!

It is very good, but there is a bug which makes it stops one of the protection layers and you manually enable it

= Is this the cause of what you say?

= What is (are) your best Trusted Alternative(s) according to personal judgement of overall protection against MW, RW & Expliot

Zemma AM?! Heimdal Pro?!  Hitman Pro?!  WinPatrol  ?! CryptoPrevent?!

What?! Why?!

Peter, I mean a second layer of defense with my main internet security software not the sole solution.

= System vulnerability patching tool [Heimdal Free or IObit ASCU]

= System optimization suite [IObit ASCU or Glarysoft Utilities Pro 5 +]

I would stay away from IObit products, and I would also stay away from "System Optimization" suites. These aren't needed at all on your system and if anything, can mess it up in the long run.

Addition 1

I saw these features in this review http://antivirus-software.specout.com/l/416/Emsisoft-Internet-Security

I've never heard of that website for security products reviews, so I would take what is posted there in a grain of salt.

Addition 3

Does MBAM 3.0.6 add more security than other stuff [ RansomFree or KS Antiransomware Tool or VoodooSheild]

Personally, I don't know how to answer you, since I don't see myself giving recommendations about other products on the forum of a "competing" product.

Does Heimdal Free really add to protection to the system with its patching? I need no malware scanner

The protection is added only if you update the outdated software it reports. So if you know to keep your Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader, Java, VLC, Windows, etc. up to date, there's no need for Heimdal (unless you want it to automate everything). The "protection" you're referring to is to not run outdated software that can be exploited (via EK for instance).

• Upvote 1

They have a new "beta" version out that cleared somethings not active on startup for me and others. 3.0.6.69 CU3.exe

I use Emsisoft Internet Security and Zemena Antimalware on this laptop and Emsisoft with Malwarebytes on two desktops.

Mr Kevin, You helped me before. You enlist WinPatrol Plus

Is it MBAM 3 + ALTERNATIVE?

Do they mean the very same layered protection

I want to finalize my war and purchase the EIS 2017 as it proved peace of mind for me for a cheaper price. For me, this is crucial.

WHAT is the best second opinion product like MBAM 3 + ? IS IT BETTER THAN OTHERS?

DO YOU PLAN TO INSERT MORE MODULES IN THE NEAR FUTURE?

1 hour ago, Aura said:

Personally, I don't know how to answer you, since I don't see myself giving recommendations about other products on the forum of a "competing" product.

The "protection" you're referring to is to not run outdated software that can be exploited (via EK for instance).

I Never compared or Considered MBAM as competive with EIS, the latter is very special in my view

I want a second opinion scanner not a malware scanner. No scanner found better than EIS. What other scanners detected were nearly all false positives.

Also, I did not list what I want to buy [EIS] with the OTHER products WHICH ARE SECONDARY IN MY OPINION

EIS = Full Antivirus + Antimalware + Antiransomware +  Firewall + PC Drives Protection

MBAM = Antimalware & Anti-expliot Protection

Does EIS have Expliot Protection?

--------

I do not understand this

The "protection" you're referring to is to not run outdated software that can be exploited (via EK for instance).

Do you mean not all un-updated software pose expliots?

I Never compared or Considered MBAM as competive with EIS, the latter is very special in my view

You do not, but it can be seen as such.

I want a second opinion scanner not a malware scanner. No scanner found better than EIS. What other scanners detected were nearly all false positives.

In that case, you can go with Malwarebytes. If you only want a second opinion scanner, the free version is all you need.

MBAM = Antimalware & Anti-expliot Protection

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) only offers malware and web protection.

Malwarebytes 3.0 offers malware, web, exploit and ransomware protection.

Does EIS have Expliot Protection?

You could see the BB module (Behavior Blocker) as being kind of an Anti-Exploit.

Do you mean not all un-updated software pose expliots?

That's right. Let's see that I run an outdated game launcher for League of Legends. I really doubt that there are significant "in the wild" EKs abusing an older version of the game launcher for an exploit/security bug that have been patched in the newest launcher.

Usually, web browsers, plugins, multimedia players, Office, etc. programs (and your OS obviously) are the ones you want to always keep updated as they are the most commonly targetted by EKs.

On 2/19/2017 at 7:21 AM, David F. M. said:

First, I see the EIS is Great but why does it lack other significant modules such as a built-in browser integration, pop-up blocker, password manager & encryption / safes module? - Encryption / safes module is your yard

Browser Integration (assuming you mean browser extensions) - This sort of thing is generally used to generate revenue by hijacking your browser search settings, or tracking your browsing habits. Since we have no interest in doing such things, and a browser extension wouldn't provide any real increase in security beyond our Surf Protection, File Guard, and Behavior Blocker we don't feel that browser extensions should be bundled with our products.

Pop-Up Blocker - Pretty much every modern browser already has a built-in pop-up blocker, so such a feature would just be a gimmick used to drive sales rather than something really useful for our users. Beyond that, there are already popular and safe extensions that supplement web browser pop-up protection, with included ad blocking, that do a rather good job and we tend to recommend those to our users.

Password Manager - There are so many password managers these days that any attempt by us to make one would just be a gimmick to drive sales. These days you can use LastPass for free on multiple devices, and sure beats needing to get used to a new password manager when you change your anti-virus software. And if you don't like LastPass, there are others that are just as good, and even one that is open source (although I would believe it lacks an official browser extension).

Encryption / Safes (assuming you mean encrypted storage) - Windows has had a built-in encryption tool called BitLocker for about 10 years, although I would believe it is restricted to only certain editions of Windows. In cases where users don't have BitLocker, or simply don't like it, there are free tools such as CipherShed and VeraCrypt (both are updated versions of TrueCrypt) that should fulfill that role reasonably well. Adding such a feature to our own software would also be nothing more than a gimmick.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record with the word "gimmick", but trying to re-create all of these features that other people already do for free (and do rather well) is really just something anti-virus software vendors do to make their software stand out in the crowd. If they can't drive sales with superior protection, then at least they can wow potential customers in a store with a bunch of extra bullet points on the box. ;)

Second, what are the best free top-rated security-related stuff I can install with the EIS product without making conflicts on the OS , e.g. Firefox browser extensions, a second layer of free [or Paid] ransomware protection, system vulnerability patching tool [Flash, Java] & finally best system optimization suite OF THESE?

My biggest recommendation is uBlock Origin for your browser, and if it is also available then uBlock Origin Extras. You can also try things like Ghostery if privacy is a major concern for you.

We don't generally recommend extra software with real-time protection in addition to our own, however if you feel it is necessary then we recommend no more than two softwares with real-time protection be installed at the same time. If you want on-demand scanners (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro, etc) then those should be OK.

Third, Is you license in the form of serials or files?

We issue license keys, similar to a "serial key". They'll be in the form AAA-BBB-CCC-123 (for reference only, that is not a valid license key).

Fourth, can you provide us a light discount on the licenses which my friend Ahmed will bring for me or not. I see that you do not have a reseller here in Egypt. I told a busnisess care company about you on the phone today while asking for a product there [SUNDAY].

I'll have to ask one of our sales representatives about any available discounts, however you may want to take a look at this information about how to get free license time.

I saw these features in this review http://antivirus-software.specout.com/l/416/Emsisoft-Internet-Security

Spyware and Adware are malicious software, and thus are classified as "malware" (as are viruses, trojans, ransomware, etc). Our software provides protection against all of these as part of its normal functionality through its File Guard and Behavior Blocker. The only thing you will see separate settings for are Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), since these are not real threats we make detection of them optional.

If there are any conflicts inmy classification tell me

There are known compatibility issues with our software and anti-virus software from both Kaspersky and AVG. I recommend avoiding anything from those vendors that includes real-time protection.

Does MBAM 3.0.6 add more security than other stuff [ RansomFree or KS Antiransomware Tool or VoodooSheild]

All I really know about MBAM these days is that it isn't going to detect droppers (trojans that install another infection) for Locky since they are JavaScript, and not executable files. Beyond that, I know very little about its effectiveness or functionality.

I'm not familiar with software from Heimdal, so I can't say whether it would be any help with security.

• Upvote 2

On 21/02/2017 at 2:52 AM, GT500 said:

Browser Integration ...........................................................................

...............................................................................................................

First, Thanks for the detailed reply, man

Second, your words are convincing and real, but you don't get what is behind my words. Why I say so?

Third, I loved the smart unobtrusive firewall, proactive defense and light load of EIS, so I wanted to have it with other feaures that I know you can do and integrate safely. If it has a file shredder, a disc cleaner, encrypted safe feature and broswer integration with it, it will seem unparalled to me and other people.

I'm going to my work now and I WILL DETAIL EVERYTHING WHEN I COME BACK. WE WILL DISCUSS THEASE AND HOW I ORGANIZE THEM ALL TOGETHER

Browser Integration (assuming you mean browser extensions) - This sort of thing is generally used to generate revenue by hijacking your browser search settings, or tracking your browsing habits. Since we have no interest in doing such things, and a browser extension wouldn't provide any real increase in security beyond our Surf Protection, File Guard, and Behavior Blocker we don't feel that browser extensions should be bundled with our products.

I will assume I'm using EIS & send a foused question about what I want to use

But what I meant here is what they call Hardened Secure Browsing. I do not exactly that the solution secures the main default browser or it creates another secure brother.

Pop-Up Blocker - Pretty much every modern browser already has a built-in pop-up blocker, so such a feature would just be a gimmick used to drive sales rather than something really useful for our users. Beyond that, there are already popular and safe extensions that supplement web browser pop-up protection, with included ad blocking, that do a rather good job and we tend to recommend those to our users.

By the way, theay caused me a lot of annoyance untill I used three extensions simultaneously. OMG

Pretty much every modern browser already has a built-in pop-up blocker, so such a feature would just be a gimmick used to drive sales rather than something really useful for our users

The buit-in ones are either weak or I do not know how to configure them.

Password Manager - There are so many password managers these days that any attempt by us to make one would just be a gimmick to drive sales. These days you can use LastPass for free on multiple devices, and sure beats needing to get used to a new password manager when you change your anti-virus software. And if you don't like LastPass, there are others that are just as good, and even one that is open source (although I would believe it lacks an official browser extension).

Yes, they are so numerous that I got perplexed and did not use any till now but I'm going to complete my survey and form conclusions. In this point in particular, you got me convinced.

Encryption / Safes (assuming you mean encrypted storage) - Windows has had a built-in encryption tool called BitLocker for about 10 years, although I would believe it is restricted to only certain editions of Windows. In cases where users don't have BitLocker, or simply don't like it, there are free tools such as CipherShed and VeraCrypt (both are updated versions of TrueCrypt) that should fulfill that role reasonably well. Adding such a feature to our own software would also be nothing more than a gimmick.

Completion not gimmick, man. A Solution that does multiple jobs from the same windows. When I said, its your yard, I MEANT IT LITERALLY. Yes, we have got Sir Fabian Wosar with his respected team. So, why they do not create a marvelous module that creates encrypted safes and encrypts individually. They can produce a a highly-secure, hard-to-decrypt, robust built-in Encryptor with file, folder, drive, safe AES encryption.

What Else?

That's because from the compy I respected a lot.

We don't generally recommend extra software with real-time protection in addition to our own, however if you feel it is necessary then we recommend no more than two softwares with real-time protection be installed at the same time. If you want on-demand scanners (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro, etc) then those should be OK.

Yes, and that's what I SEEK. The main product with some extra safe-to-use stuff and if possible one another extra protection.

There are known compatibility issues with our software and anti-virus software from both Kaspersky and AVG. I recommend avoiding anything from those vendors that includes real-time protection.

I will not use either of them because Kaspersky blocks my connection completely and I do know how to use the firewall and AVG Internet Security did find a lot of false positives. That's despite the fact that they have extra features.

All I really know about MBAM these days is that it isn't going to detect droppers (trojans that install another infection) for Locky since they are JavaScript, and not executable files. Beyond that, I know very little about its effectiveness or functionality.

And all what I say not about better detections, I want a very secure hardened computer security all in all especially when I saw some very advanced features in MBAM such as Application Hardening, Advanced Memory & Java Protection, etc when I used it as trial.

We issue license keys, similar to a "serial key". They'll be in the form AAA-BBB-CCC-123 (for reference only, that is not a valid license key).

I'll have to ask one of our sales representatives about any available discounts, however you may want to take a look at this information about how to get free license time.

Spyware and Adware are malicious software, and thus are classified as "malware" (as are viruses, trojans, ransomware, etc). Our software provides protection against all of these as part of its normal functionality through its File Guard and Behavior Blocker. The only thing you will see separate settings for are Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), since these are not real threats we make detection of them optional.

Thanks a lot for these info.

13 hours ago, David F. M. said:

But what I meant here is what they call Hardened Secure Browsing. I do not exactly that the solution secures the main default browser or it creates another secure brother.

I'm not sure what "Hardened Secure Browsing" is. I have a feeling it's a buzzword for doing things like reducing the permissions the browser runs with (which Windows already does via the UAC), running things in a sandbox (which most modern browsers already do), and some form of DNS protection. Since there are DNS services (OpenDNS for instance) that already provide free protection against DNS hijacking and poisoning attacks, it isn't really a big deal to have this in security software. Our old firewall Online Armor used to have this, and it ended up being mostly useless since most of the websites the protection was supposed to work with used multiple servers at multiple IP addresses to distribute load, and thus essentially broke the DNS protection Online Armor provided.

The buit-in ones are either weak or I do not know how to configure them.

Popup blockers are actually easy to bypass. All you have to do is script it so that popups are created when the user clicks on something, and that fools the popup blocker into thinking that the user wanted the popup to appear. This means the only really effective popup blockers are the ones that also block ads, since they will automatically close popups that try to open an ad. It's extremely difficult to make anything more effective than that, and it's doubtful that our developers would be able to do so and also maintain a good anti-virus software at the same time.

Completion not gimmick, man. A Solution that does multiple jobs from the same windows. When I said, its your yard, I MEANT IT LITERALLY. Yes, we have got Sir Fabian Wosar with his respected team. So, why they do not create a marvelous module that creates encrypted safes and encrypts individually. They can produce a a highly-secure, hard-to-decrypt, robust built-in Encryptor with file, folder, drive, safe AES encryption.

While I'm sure Fabian and his team could come up with a great disk/file encryption utility, it would unfortunately take them away from ransomware research (or at least limit the amount of time they can work on ransomware research), which would decrease the number of decryptors they can make and reduce the effectiveness of our protection. You can get a good idea of how long it takes to crack on a single ransomware here, although keep in mind that every ransomware is different and can each take a different amount of time. There were about 10 or 11 major changes in the ransomware scene last week, with many of those being new ransomwares.

To develop technologies like these, we would have to hire a new team of developers, and even then they most likely wouldn't have more than a public beta available within the first year.

Keep in mind that none of the suggestions you have made are bad. Our main focus at the moment is core protection technologies.

That being said, our management does read all feedback that we get, and they will take suggestions under advisement.

4 hours ago, GT500 said:

I'm not sure what "Hardened Secure Browsing" is. I have a feeling it's a buzzword for doing things like reducing the permissions the browser runs with (which Windows already does via the UAC), running things in a sandbox (which most modern browsers already do), and some form of DNS protection. Since there are DNS services (OpenDNS for instance) that already provide free protection against DNS hijacking and poisoning attacks, it isn't really a big deal to have this in security software. Our old firewall Online Armor used to have this, and it ended up being mostly useless since most of the websites the protection was supposed to work with used multiple servers at multiple IP addresses to distribute load, and thus essentially broke the DNS protection Online Armor provided.

OK

I do not understand you fully because know nothing about this in detail at the moment, so I'll have a try to read some basic educational material on it.

Popup blockers are actually easy to bypass. All you have to do is script it so that popups are created when the user clicks on something, and that fools the popup blocker into thinking that the user wanted the popup to appear. This means the only really effective popup blockers are the ones that also block ads, since they will automatically close popups that try to open an ad. It's extremely difficult to make anything more effective than that, and it's doubtful that our developers would be able to do so and also maintain a good anti-virus software at the same time.

Scripts work well and mblock origin is very great and works without any problems and allows what I assign using the 'Temporarliy' option. I will read again and try Ghostry.

While I'm sure Fabian and his team could come up with a great disk/file encryption utility, it would unfortunately take them away from ransomware research (or at least limit the amount of time they can work on ransomware research), which would decrease the number of decryptors they can make and reduce the effectiveness of our protection. You can get a good idea of how long it takes to crack on a single ransomware here, although keep in mind that every ransomware is different and can each take a different amount of time. There were about 10 or 11 major changes in the ransomware scene last week, with many of those being new ransomwares.

I hope them all the best of luck in all their hard tiring task and that they develop a much more robust protection techniques that come close to perfection. That silly threat aka Ransomware the hackers invented is the worst thing that came to live on the internet since it was invented. I HAVE A TERRIBLE STORY with it. God bless the malware fighters' efforts.

To develop technologies like these, we would have to hire a new team of developers, and even then they most likely wouldn't have more than a public beta available within the first year.

Of course because I have nothing to do with programming, I thought that creating a module and adding it to the suite just requires writing codes very well and inserting them into the package!! Sure, testing is a prerequisite.

Keep in mind that none of the suggestions you have made are bad. Our main focus at the moment is core protection technologies.

That being said, our management does read all feedback that we get, and they will take suggestions under advisement.

Thank You for this compliment and that encouraged me to re-write my already written suggestions and reformulate what I want to say which best suites a very good staff like yours. I'll post the rewritten suggestions in two or three days and will inform you. I will mention this thread as well.

Hi :-)

I do not know if the same applies to MBAM 3, BUT I distinctly recall Fabian W., stating on Wilders or in this forum, that MBAM 2  is not compatible with EMIS. It had something to do with the way it installs , hooks, API, or something like that. Fabian's statement was disputed by the MBAM developer and I do not recall a reply by Fabian to MBAM's statement. I'll take Fabian's word on that (and anything else he says about Security) and would never install MBAM on my PC while I have EMIS installed.

FWIW: I have run HitManPro Alert and Watchdog (U.S. reseller, rebranded Zemana) Anti-Malware real-time alongside EMIS with no apparent conflicts.

6 hours ago, HAWKI said:

Hi :-)

I do not know if the same applies to MBAM 3, BUT I distinctly recall Fabian W., stating on Wilders or in this forum, that MBAM 2  is not compatible with EMIS. It had something to do with the way it installs , hooks, API, or something like that. Fabian's statement was disputed by the MBAM developer and I do not recall a reply by Fabian to MBAM's statement. I'll take Fabian's word on that (and anything else he says about Security) and would never install MBAM on my PC while I have EMIS installed.

FWIW: I have run HitManPro Alert and Watchdog (U.S. reseller, rebranded Zemana) Anti-Malware real-time alongside EMIS with no apparent conflicts.

Thank You

MBAM is good but it has a bug that it may not start with all the layers turned on

I thought of it not as competitive to EIS as it does not have a firewall and does not provide a full antivirus solution, only a protective sheild with RW, MW & Expliots W the main shield im EIS. It detects well, I may have it as a scanner only if this is not provided as free from Voodoosheild.

They say it, Voodoosheild, works well with EIS on their website. Also, RansomeFree is free and is not an antivirus or even antimalware, just a behavior blocker of ransomware. If they say it here that the three will never conflict with each other or weaken protection, I will stick to them.

What can I do, I have been destroyed by Ransomware, so I have a lot of security layers without conflicts.

There is some confusion I had because I do not want to install a bundle of programs to prevent RW.

CryptoPrevent Free, RansomFree, or buy I program such as WinPatrol without knowing its benefits over the first free two. The Word 'Expliot' in Java, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Flash, etc cause me trouble, SO I loved MBAM WHEN i USED IT BEFORE KNOWING EMSISOFT PRODUCTS. 

EIS provide me with an excellent protection, but I am still sad I was ransomware'd like that before I knew it or knew other programs. The system was havoc, and the AV was not updated or I do not know what.

I hate K & N a lot because they are very heavy and caused me problems and I wil never try them again. A-- captitalized detects a lot of false positives. I used Avt for years. I never used BD, So.., Pa.., F-S, etc

All respect to all vendors, they are all eager to protect people their ways & God help them all

Here in E Community, they are very generous & their products are absolutely valuable, e.g. smart, light & effective.

By the way, EIS detected all possible threats without giving false positives and they did not detect better than it at all, all other threats are nearly FPs. When it was alone on the system, it was very effective and did not cause problems.

One thing I wish is that they think of upgrading the EIS with additional modules and solve the crashing problem which I do not know its cause that appears from time to time.

On 3/5/2017 at 1:15 PM, HAWKI said:

I distinctly recall Fabian W., stating on Wilders or in this forum, that MBAM 2  is not compatible with EMIS.

This is correct. Both use WFP drivers, and it could cause problems when more than one application is filtering network traffic with a WFP driver at the same time.

On 3/5/2017 at 1:15 PM, HAWKI said:

Fabian's statement was disputed by the MBAM developer ...

I think it's a difference in opinion in regards to the quirkiness/reliability of the WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) API. It is, like many Microsoft API's, somewhat buggy. What's worse is that it can work differently on different versions of Windows, and the differences are not always documented, which means the differences sometimes have to be found by trial-and-error.

On 07/03/2017 at 9:31 AM, GT500 said:

This is correct. Both use WFP drivers, and it could cause problems when more than one application is filtering network traffic with a WFP driver at the same time.

I think it's a difference in opinion in regards to the quirkiness/reliability of the WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) API. It is, like many Microsoft API's, somewhat buggy. What's worse is that it can work differently on different versions of Windows, and the differences are not always documented, which means the differences sometimes have to be found by trial-and-error.

WFP

Does EIS has a buitt-in Traffic Filtering?

Man, Heimdal Pro, the software I told you about here, is an antimalware + WF of Traffic, and System Patcher

So, EIS can make us use only Heimdal Free Version which is a System Patching Tool without caring about the Traffic Filtering if what you mean is exactly what I understood and exactly the same as the Heimdal Pro Vendors mean.

8 hours ago, David F. M. said:

Does EIS has a buitt-in Traffic Filtering?

EIS uses two drivers (NDIS and WFP) to filter network traffic. Both types of drivers are used since neither one can give EIS enough information by themselves for EIS to effectively do its job.

The filtering is done essentially to monitor what programs are opening network connections, what ports they are being opened on, what IP addresses they are being opened to, etc. EIS does not attempt to decrypt or process the data sent over network connections in order to do content filtering.