Maniak2000

Few questions about anti-malware network.

1) As I understand, anti-malware network is a reputation \ analysis system that identifies unknown files as safe or not safe,  is this correct?

2) If an unknown file is detected by EIS, do I need to send it somewhere, or is it sent automatically?

3) How much time is needed usually \ at most  to analyze an unknown file (For example, usually it takes few hours, but rarely takes more then 2 days)?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maniak2000 said:

1) As I understand, anti-malware network is a reputation \ analysis system that identifies unknown files as safe or not safe,  is this correct?

That is essentially correct. It's an online (or "cloud" if you prefer) database of files with information on whether users allowed or blocked them.

2) If an unknown file is detected by EIS, do I need to send it somewhere, or is it sent automatically?

When EIS checks for updates, it sends information about files in your Application Rules to our servers to contribute to the Anti-Malware Network database, including whether or not those files/programs are allowed or blocked. If there is a Behavior Blocker alert for a file, and a rule is created for the file based on an option you select in the alert, then that will be sent along with any changes to your Application Rules.

Note that you can opt out of sending this information at any time in the Privacy settings in EIS.

3) How much time is needed usually \ at most  to analyze an unknown file (For example, usually it takes few hours, but rarely takes more then 2 days)?

The Anti-Malware Network is automated. It is also supplemented by information from VirusTotal to help improve accuracy.

• Upvote 1