David F. M.

Early Report on Version 2017.2 Free

Early Report on Version 2017.2 Free

Notice

1 - My system is absolutely unstable and the previous versions and other installations of Avira AV [Unistalled but still on!!!], MBAM [Ended & Unistalled], EEK [Portable] & EIS V. 2017.1 [Unistalled as it shifted into Scanner] may be the cause of this havoc.

2 - Also, I did not install the full update package of the Win 64 bit

3 - VoodooSheild & RansomFree are installed and working as Free Versions only

4 - I posted it lest they are bugs

Error 1

The EIS crash notice of Internal Processor Error appears

No Need to take a screenshot

Suggestion

The so called 'KB2958399  hotfix' must be integrated into Emsisoft products to put an end to the perplexity odf the users. Contact Microsoft for integrating the two hotfixes of 32 and 64 bit versions in all of the products that match the E versions. Server for server and home for home etc. Or if you have it, integrate to

Benefit: Smoother error-free Installation of the products

Note It is not available as free one link without e-mails & not available as trusted if we wanted to have it for example on such a website thehotfixshare.net  [I never used it]

Error 2

Error in Numbers

The number of detections is not consisent AS THEY ARE TWELVE NOT TWENTY.

The early number was correct

Error 3 Lost Log

Log file is not activated as usual. I am not able to judge the 142 detections as there are 'No Risk' Flags & things I deleted

Error 4 Quarantine & Deletion [If it is an Error]

This is perhaps not an error as I understand it, but this to be clear in my posts. The 'Avira Traces' did not detect EIS at all.

EIS Free wasa able to detect the Avira quarantined files and flaggging them but did not quarantine them, instead it sucessfully deleted them as I chose

Error in Number - ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 01 13.11.gif
Download Image

ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 01 13.18.gif
Download Image

ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 01 13.19.gif
Download Image

ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 01 11.08.gif
Download Image

ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 01 11.08.gif
Download Image

22 hours ago, David F. M. said:

The EIS crash notice of Internal Processor Error appears

EIS crashed, and not Windows? If so, then that is unrelated to the hotfix from Microsoft.

You can try switching to the Delayed update feed, and see if that helps. Currently the last stable version is sitting in the Delayed update feed, so you can downgrade a version if needed. Here's how:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Delayed from the list.
  5. Click on the Update now button on the right side.

23 hours ago, David F. M. said:

The so called 'KB2958399  hotfix' must be integrated into Emsisoft products to put an end to the perplexity odf the users.

We can't "integrate" hotfixes for Windows into our products. Those are fixes for problems/bugs in Windows, and not fixes for problems in our software. If by "integrate" you mean "bundle" (as in EIS installs the hotfix automatically), Microsoft does not generally allow such a thing. Especially with a hotfix like this where Microsoft keeps the download link hidden.

The number of detections is not consisent AS THEY ARE TWELVE NOT TWENTY.

It might be possible for the number to be be off if multiple malicious files were detected in the same ZIP/RAR/etc. archive, or perhaps if multiple registry values were detected in a registry key that was also detected. I'll have to ask about that to get confirmation.

Log file is not activated as usual. I am not able to judge the 142 detections as there are 'No Risk' Flags & things I deleted

The screenshot is showing the Surf Protection log (which is empty), and not the Scan logs.

This is perhaps not an error as I understand it, but this to be clear in my posts. The 'Avira Traces' did not detect EIS at all.

EIS Free wasa able to detect the Avira quarantined files and flaggging them but did not quarantine them, instead it sucessfully deleted them as I chose

I would believe our Quarantine is encrypted so that other anti-virus software doesn't detect the files as malicious. It also helps prevent someone from accidentally running any of the Quarantined files without first restoring them from the Quarantine.