Baserk

update for Mamutu locks up XP Pro

L.S.

After booting up an XP Pro (SP3, fully updated) notebook today (not used for a week), Mamutu and Avast Antivirus (free version) both updated but now Mamutu will produce an error and it seems Explorer almost completely freezes.

There is a mamutu.exe screen which offers options to; continue, restart or close mamutu but selecting any of them does nothing.

Ctr+Alt+Del does nothing. At all.

Only a hard reboot could revive the machine but as soon as XP loads, I'm back in 'lock-up loop'

I've tried uninstalling Mamutu but no-go as the machine locks up immediately after booting.

Now, after 3 hard reboots (with the nice accompanying HDD CLICK) I'm stuck.

Any ideas besides restoring a clean image and not using/updating Mamutu?

A memory dump of your system in it's locked state would be quite helpful:

1. Download BellaVista.
  2. Unpack it and run either the Win32 or x64 version depending on whether or not you use a 32bit or 64bit Windows version. Be sure the file is executed with full administrative rights.
  3. Select the "Crash Dump" tab and click the "Full Dump" button at the bottom.
  4. Make sure the "Enable manual system crash after pressing Ctrl + Scroll Lock" option is enabled and click the "Apply Custom" button at the bottom.
  5. Restart the system and trigger the system lock.
  6. Tap your Scroll Lock key twice while holding down your right CTRL key. The system should blue screen now and a memory dump should be written.

The memory dump will be available in your Windows directory and will have the name "MEMORY.DMP" if you haven't changed the defaults. Then please drop me a message at [email protected] with a reference to this post here and I will send you a set of FTP credentials to upload the file.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Hi Baserk, welcome to the forum

Sure, please do what Fabian Wosar suggested

Just a note:

As in my signature - I am running Mamutu 3.0.0.15 beta on XP Pro (32bit)

There were no freezing or any other ill side effects after the latest update

In addition please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

My regards

==============

1. Download BellaVista.
  2. Unpack it and run either the Win32 or x64 version depending on whether or not you use a 32bit or 64bit Windows version. Be sure the file is executed with full administrative rights.
  3. Select the "Crash Dump" tab and click the "Full Dump" button at the bottom.
  4. Make sure the "Enable manual system crash after pressing Ctrl + Scroll Lock" option is enabled and click the "Apply Custom" button at the bottom.
  5. Restart the system and trigger the system lock.
  6. Tap your Scroll Lock key twice while holding down your right CTRL key. The system should blue screen now and a memory dump should be written.

The memory dump will be available in your Windows directory and will have the name "MEMORY.DMP" if you haven't changed the defaults. Then please drop me a message at [email protected] with a reference to this post here and I will send you a set of FTP credentials to upload the file.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Hi wait better,

I edited your post

Please try replying using the "Forum Posting Rules"

As you can see from the replies

(at least mine) that's not a matter of "a Global bug"... meaning that it depends...

Therefore provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

Finally, as it was pointed above:

Have you followed the suggestions by Fabian Wosar in case the issues persists?

I do not have anything like that with the latest beta Mamutu (important!) neither on XP 32bit nor on Win 7 x64

Please be more descriptive wit any messages ... especially including:

Why would one ever need to uninstall Mamutu in Safe Mode :blink:

That would help ... ft that is indeed necessary ... I have doubts.. but probably your reply will enlighten many users ... needles to mention the developers

My regards

TO Lynx:

I just want to reply #1 , I don't how to remove the quote , this not importent. As you know I'm don't say this is "a Global bug" , but my friend meet the same problem ,not just me...

I'm not followed the suggestions by Fabian Wosar, because when I reboot ,Mamutu show an error then I can't do anything , I can't connect to internet or use "cmd",restart my pc , I can only put down the "reset" button, the suggestion not useful at all. So I had to uninstall Mamutu at safe mode.

And I'm not use the beta.

-----------------------------

XP Pro, SP3 (32-bit)

Avira Premium Security Suite

XP firewall

TO Lynx: I just want to reply #1 , I don't how to remove the quote , this not importent.

It is important!

As I said please read the "Forum Posing Rules"

Reading the threads with whole quotes with no replies to a certain points to a specific apart of a reply makes it difficult to read & comprehend in addition all users reading the forum are damaging their "mouses" ;) since they are compelled to scroll a lot for no apparent reasons

...As you know I'm don't say this is "a Global bug" , but my friend meet the same problem ,not just me...

I am not saying that you are telling something that never occurred...please do not get me wrong

... but the point was I cannot see that happening in various system configurations / platforms

As you may notice here in the forum - if there is a problem I would always test or I would post an issue way before anybody will ever encounter it ... I am not a bloody fan boy ... never was & never will be!

I'm not followed the suggestions by Fabian Wosar, because when I reboot ,Mamutu show an error then I can't do anything

Too bad if you haven't

What Error?!! Please.... precisely !!! the message or an image

Because

...I can't connect to internet or use "cmd",restart my pc , I only can put down the "reset" button, the suggestion not useful at all. So I must uninstall Mamutu at safe mode...

Mamutu has nothing to do with Internet ever!

That is why you were asked to provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

If you are using Avira - please set mutual exception rules in the 1st place (applied to any security you are using or did not mentioned... yet)

Disable auto- quarantining / auto deleting in Avira (applies to any AV solutions)

And I'm not use the beta.

Thanks for confirming that

I just accidentally found & answered your Personal Message (PM)

Unfortunately the on-line PM notifications and sometimes the e-mail notifications are not working here in the forum

Cheers!

TO Lynx:

sorry , I konw the "Forum Posing Rules" is importent now .

#1 describe the problem very precisely:

1 Mamutu will produce an error and show continue, restart or close

2 but selecting any of them does nothing

3 can't restart or close pc

4 Ctr+Alt+Del does nothing at all

5 put down the "reset" button the pc can restart

6 when XP loads ,the error show again...

7 I want to start up chrome , but it can't connect to internet.

8 I had to uninstall Mamutu at safe mode

I really want to show you the image, but when the problem occurred, I'm not think more, I just want my pc go to work, there have a different between user and developer.

You say right, I use auto- quarantining in Avira, maybe that is the key.

But now I uninstall Mamutu , I can't try it again , you know PC error make user so bored.

Hey Emsissoft: Mamutu Crashes after update.

After Mamutu recent update, it produces an error during

startup and locks the system XP SP3. It shows a screen:

“To send report, continue, restart or close”

Whatever produce an icon in the notification area, but the

program cannot be started up. Have send report twice.

Only solution was to uninstall it.

Reinstallation reproduced the same error.

Have also Emsisoft Malware (under trial) running. (Clean full scan)

And Zonealarm free firewall.

Please notify me by email, when the bug is fixed as I consider

buying the software (if it works) ;-)

Hi Samahita, welcome to the forum

Please set "Watch this topic" because it's most unlikely that you will be personally be notified e-mail otherwise

As it was pointed above Mamutu (at least the beta 0.15 ) is working fine on XP 32bit & on win 7 x64 includinh the latest updates

Despite you posted some info, can you please provide more details about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

... and then again, since you were reading this thread please follow the advice suggested by Fabian Wosar in reply #2

My regards

Hi Fabian,

Could not try sooner but I've just installed BellaVista and Mamutu again.

After updating, I waited for a lockup but nothing happened.

I mean, Mamutu 3.0.0.16 runs fine.

I've rebooted to see if anything changed but I guess this release has solved the issue so afaic the topic can be closed with 'Solved'.

Regards and thanks,

Baserk