Gren

Anti-Malware not starting

Over the last couple of days Anti-Malware has stopped starting for me. Whenever I boot up or try to restart it I get the following message :

"A major problem prevents application start. Anti-Malware cannot connect to the service application. Please reboot your PC and try again or contact support if the problem remains"

Now I've rebooted a couple of times and still the same. So I'm wondering as to whether there's something I can do or is it just a re-install thing?

Running AM alongside Online Armor paid for. Neither this nor anything else has changed for months.

Thanks

Hi, I have exactly the same problem since today.

I've just disconnected from my VPN for a moment and EAM was switched off and since I can't restart it, even if I reboot my computer.

Although, I don't think the problem is coming from the VPN.

I had the same problem and uninstall/reinstall did solve it.

lsm_wck: Download the latest version and then just uninstall the current one from Add/Remove programs. Reboot and install the one you downloaded. Done.

Experienced the same error pop-up for the last couple of weeks. Tried to re-install over the installed version, but it did not work. A clean install seems to have fixed it.

Update. The problem returned recently, but this time we managed to fix it without reinstalling. As it turned out, the file a2service.exe had disappeared from the main directory (c:\Program Files\ Emsisoft). Restoring the file from archive (or from elsewhere)solved the problem, with thanks to Emsisoft Support.

Hi Kees,

That is very old thread - initially 28 September 2010

... "problem returned recently". Where and when?

What system you are using?

Please provide more information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

Nothing like that ever noticed recently whether that is

- XP SP3 32 bit;

- Win7 32bit

- Win7 x64

Can you post any details, please in order to clarify the matter

My regards