haydn

Devices Covered ?

Hi ive just purchased Emsisoft \internet security it found issues with my PC and laptop that Mcafee and Malwarebytes failed to locate two questions

1  / Will I need to uninstall Mcafee and Malwarebytes to prevent conflicts

2 / Can I install on PC and Laptop IE does the licence cover both

Many thanks Paul H Davies SE UK

You cannot run two antivirus programs at the same time, dump McAfee. Malwarebytes can be used along with EIS. I always exclude security software from another,  security program to prevent any conflicts. One license for each computer.

security program to prevent any conflicts. One license for each computer.

If you post what the problems are, the regular helpers here can help with those.

7 hours ago, haydn said:

Will I need to uninstall Mcafee and Malwarebytes to prevent conflicts

I would recommend uninstalling the McAfee software, as it is the most likely to have issues with ours. You can also uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware if you would like, however in most cases it should be OK.

7 hours ago, haydn said:

Can I install on PC and Laptop IE does the licence cover both

Your current license key doesn't cover 2 computers. There are a few ways that it can be expanded to cover 2 computers if you would like. One way is to purchase a second license key for Emsisoft Internet Security and have me merge the two together into a single license key for 2 computers. Another way would be to renew your license key, and select that you want it to cover 2 computers. The second option is more expensive up-front but does save you a bit of money in the long run, however I can ask one of our sales representatives to take a look at this and see if we can make purchasing a single license a little cheaper (since we would normally apply a volume discount when licenses are purchased at the same time) so that you don't have to pay the full price a second time.

Hi Arthur

thanks for the reply I am going to Spain on Sunday working and really need my laptop for photography please advise the fastest and cheapest form of licence allocation and ill gladly pay for

peace of mind I have submitted logs for the laptop under the title "hacked email and Instagram (laptop)" which is in a bad way looks like I downloaded winzip from a spoof site and possibly opened an infected email either way I'm too worried about using that in spain the other option I guess is to use your mobile protection or is it better to use the internet security I currently have purchased for PC

Please can you choose the best option and advise how I can pay so we can get the wheels in motion asap please

Many thanks Paul Davies

The fastest and cheapest is to buy a license key for the laptop at this link. It might be possible to get you a few dollars off if one of our sales team is available on Saturday, however if not then they more than likely won't be able to create a discount link for you until Monday.

Hi haydn,

My colleague Arthur kindly made me aware.

We are glad to offer upgrades for the price difference only.

I'll send you a private message (PM) here in our forum in a minute.