ymchen

CLOSED realtime protection crash

hello ymchen

Thanks for your feedback.

When you experience issues please always:
- debuglogs  when you can reproduce the issue
- details like: OS, vm/real machine, browser, etc

I have tested (w7 x64 IE ) and no crashes occur.

hi frank

browser : firefox 52.0.1  32bit

i just wonder why only this malware host [drappenzeller.com] crash with a2guard.exe , other malware host no have problem.

Logs.7z

Are you still able to reproduce this issue ? if you could, please provide us with a process dump of service a2service

yes , the problem still exist.

enter the malware host url --> surf protection notification came up -->  click "always block this" .  after that no responding at all until u end process.

2017-05-25_153856.png

a2guard.exe permanent terminate and no longer running

2017-05-25_153921.png

from my observation , if not enter malware url in the browser, let the surf protection detect url and display notification pop up --> click always block it , there is no problem.

PS: will upload another dump file later after few hours

a2service_20170525153016(1128).7z

Hu ymchen,

thanks for your feedback

Sorry, I do not completely understand the way to reproduce the issue:

1) enter the malware host url --> surf protection notification came up -->  click "always block this" .  after that no responding at all until u end process.

2) if not enter malware url in the browser, let the surf protection detect url and display notification pop up --> click always block it , there is no problem

Could you please reword 1 and 2  or show screenprints ?

Thanks

sorry to make u confuse , i just explain the (1)reproduce the issue  , forget  (2) .  

here are the picture step by step 1-2-3  .

could u provide details how to capture process dump of a2service .thanks a lot

image.png

Thanks,

you said there is a way to not let the program crash, is that still valid ?

Could you  send me the logs as requested below ? (via PM)

I'd like to check if incompatible software is installed on your pc

----

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your 'Downloads' folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.

1. Run the FRST download that works on your computer.
2. When the tool opens click "Yes" for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST. If you see a SmartScreen warning, press "More info", and allow the program to run. If an Emsisoft product warns, please click "Allow always" to allow it to run.
3. Make sure the "Addition.txt" checkbox is checked, then press the 'Scan' button.
4. When the scan is done, it will save two logs Text Documents named 'FRST' and 'Addition' in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the 'FRST' and 'Addition' logs will be saved there).
5. Please attach the 'FRST.txt' and 'Addition.txt' log files to a reply (it is best if you do not copy and paste it into an e-mail).

If you are not used to attaching files to e-mails, then just look for a button in the toolbar above where you write your message that has a paperclip icon, and that should be the attachment button.