Malware scan is literally only taking 4 to 5 seconds?

Scan reports say 1 application was scanned on demand

Also I purchased a licence,how do I know I have the full version?

Thanks

Edited by slopes
More info

Dear slopes,

Thank you for contacting our support.

If you open Emsisoft Mobile Security on your mobile device the app will tell you if the full version is active or not directly at the dashboard.

If you can perform a scan then the full version should be active. However, if you've just installed Emsisoft Mobile Security then the 30 days free trial could be active as well.

To find out for sure please open the main menu of Emsisoft Mobile Security with a tap at the upper left corner, then choose "Account Info". You should find a section "Subscription information" there which shows the days left on your current license.

As for scanning please choose "Malware Scanner" from the main menu of our security app, please make sure to activate the option "Scan Storage" there, then please start a scan again.

Does the scan result or scan time change?

18 hours ago, Thomas Ott said:

Dear slopes,

Thank you for contacting our support.

If you open Emsisoft Mobile Security on your mobile device the app will tell you if the full version is active or not directly at the dashboard.

If you can perform a scan then the full version should be active. However, if you've just installed Emsisoft Mobile Security then the 30 days free trial could be active as well.

To find out for sure please open the main menu of Emsisoft Mobile Security with a tap at the upper left corner, then choose "Account Info". You should find a section "Subscription information" there which shows the days left on your current license.

As for scanning please choose "Malware Scanner" from the main menu of our security app, please make sure to activate the option "Scan Storage" there, then please start a scan again.

Does the scan result or scan time change?

I have 300+ days showing for subscription so it must be activated.

Scan is set for "scan storage" and are still 4 to 5 seconds long.

I don't have many files or downloaded apps, so I am assuming ems doesn't  scan factory apps?

Thanks Thomas

Hi slopes,

With not many apps downloaded and/or installed scan time could be pretty fast.

I'll still get clarification from our mobile developers if there are factory apps might not scanned and report back here once I've a definite answer.

Hello slopes,

Please excuse, I need to apologize for my late reply to you, unfortunately I had no chance to get the requested info earlier.

Indeed if the scan report says only one app has been scanned it means that the mobile device is brand new or had a factory reset and only Emsisoft Mobile Security is on it at that time.

Emsisoft Mobile Security does not scan system applications (factory apps), they are considered safe - on the storage device, only the .apk files can be scanned.

I hope my reply can be helpful. If I can assist any further please just let me know.

On 4/6/2017 at 4:10 AM, Thomas Ott said:

Hello slopes,

Please excuse, I need to apologize for my late reply to you, unfortunately I had no chance to get the requested info earlier.

Indeed if the scan report says only one app has been scanned it means that the mobile device is brand new or had a factory reset and only Emsisoft Mobile Security is on it at that time.

Emsisoft Mobile Security does not scan system applications (factory apps), they are considered safe - on the storage device, only the .apk files can be scanned.

I hope my reply can be helpful. If I can assist any further please just let me know.

No problem Thomas

Emsisoft is the only added app I have,so that should explain the short scan time.

Thanks for your help