AndreaB

Update Issues

No, it happens with a licensed version of the standalone Command Line Scanner.

We have a single license valid for 10 PCs: on one PC I registered a2cmd using the /k option and on  that PC the result of the "a2cmd /u"  command is 

>56424 KB (100%) of 56424 KB downloaded...

>Finished!

On a second PC I registered a2cmd using the same license using the /k option but the on that one the result of the update is 

>0 KB (0%) of 56424 KB downloaded...

> Finished!

How can I check if the registration on that second PC is ok?

Is it possibile to reset the registration in order to repeat it in a clean way?

thank you in advance.

11 hours ago, AndreaB said:

How can I check if the registration on that second PC is ok?

You mean license activation? Simply log in to our License Center (you can create an account if you don't already have one) and go to Manage Licenses in the menu on the left. If the license key is not already registered, then there will be a link to click to register a license key, and then you will be able to view the license details.

11 hours ago, AndreaB said:

Is it possibile to reset the registration in order to repeat it in a clean way?

I can delete the mapping history for the license if you want. Aside from that, you can try downloading a fresh copy of A2CMD from one of the following links, and deleting or renaming the old copy:

http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftCommandlineScanner32.exe

http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftCommandlineScanner64.exe

12 hours ago, GT500 said:

You mean license activation? Simply log in to our License Center (you can create an account if you don't already have one) and go to Manage Licenses in the menu on the left. If the license key is not already registered, then there will be a link to click to register a license key, and then you will be able to view the license details.

The single License is already activated and assigned to 10 PCs.

I was asking:  how I can check that the usage of the /k option has registered correctly on different PC the same license.Is the registration stored only in a2settings.ini?

Is it enough to delete the a2settings.ini and run again "a2cmd /k=xxxxxx" to register the key for that PC?
If I change PC and need to assign the same license to the new PC is it enough to use again the "/k" command line option or I need also that you delete your mappings ?

I can delete the mapping history for the license if you want. Aside from that, you can try downloading a fresh copy of A2CMD from one of the following links, and deleting or renaming the old copy:

http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftCommandlineScanner32.exe

http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftCommandlineScanner64.exe

I'll try with the fresh new copy, thanks.

13 hours ago, AndreaB said:

I was asking:  how I can check that the usage of the /k option has registered correctly on different PC the same license.Is the registration stored only in a2settings.ini?

It is not store in a human-readable format (the license information is encrypted). The only way to check is via the License Center.

Is it enough to delete the a2settings.ini and run again "a2cmd /k=xxxxxx" to register the key for that PC?

It might be better to just download a new copy of A2CMD, rename or delete the old folder A2CMD was in, and then extract the new copy to the same location the old copy was in. That would wipe out all settings without forcing A2CMD to regenerate its settings file.

If I change PC and need to assign the same license to the new PC is it enough to use again the "/k" command line option or I need also that you delete your mappings ?

All you need to do is run an update, and the license key will be remapped to the new computer. Most of our products are limited to allowing the license key to be remapped no more than 5 times in a day, regardless of whether that is done through checking for updates or manually activating a license key.